What is an accurate timeline for new orders?

Shelby American

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby American GT350
Occupation
Retired
This is always a fluid thing. When I ordered May 18th, the dealer said a minimum of 15 weeks and possibly as long as 23 weeks. My dealer then notified me on 7/9 that my truck had been assigned a scheduled build date of 8/11. If I am to believe the Ford order tracking site, it got moved up to 8/9. Either way, call it 12 weeks. I think production seems to be improving in regards to turnout from when I ordered mine. Others have ordered much more recently and have been given shorter estimates. You should be able to take the customer order number from you order paperwork (or get it from the dealer) and ask your dealer for the VIN (or call Ford for it) and begin watching the order tracking site. It won't be accurate but it'll give you some idea. Warning though, it becomes painful to watch it everyday and not see a change.

Mine still shows in production on the tracking site. Lack of update can either mean it's waiting on an option (likely to get bedliner spray) or that like many others have found, the site is slow to update.
Ordered mine 8/20. Been checking the Tracking site and for the past 2 weeks it shows in Production. So I emailed my dealer today,and he told me it's been built and released. Waiting now to get on a train. Don't trust the Tracking Website.
Sponsored

rocket

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Occupation
radio
So I ordered my Ranger 6 weeks ago this week. When I did the dealer told me “6-8 weeks is the usual but we are telling people 12 weeks just in case it takes longer.” Given the status of everything in the world recently I assumed 12 weeks would be more accurate. I called the dealer at 4 weeks seeing if they heard anything regarding a potential build date or anything, they said Ford hasn’t acknowledged the order yet.
So back to my question in the title, what is an accurate timeline for someone who ordered recently? Should I receive info about a build date any time soon?
TIA
Order bank for 2022 Rangers started Sept 21 with production job one starting Dec 13. Ordered mine Sept. 27 got a build date and VIN last week. Build date is week of January 3 and delivery 3-4 weeks after that. ( if all holds to form)

Larry996

First Name
Laurence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Occupation
Mechanic
I placed my order july 14 2021. Still waiting. Got an email yesterday.

“Due to parts availability issues at the end of our 21MY B/O production, certain Ranger orders had to be cancelled”

Not to happy

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Ordered mine 8/20. Been checking the Tracking site and for the past 2 weeks it shows in Production. So I emailed my dealer today,and he told me it's been built and released. Waiting now to get on a train. Don't trust the Tracking Website.
I have been hearing that song and dance since late Aug or early Sept. and I still don't have a Ranger Lariat 4X4 SCREW (my order was placed in early April). The latest info on delivery is it is estimated to be here in a week, but I heard that before too.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
I placed my order july 14 2021. Still waiting. Got an email yesterday.

“Due to parts availability issues at the end of our 21MY B/O production, certain Ranger orders had to be cancelled”

Not to happy
I'm assuming you have a VIN# ? who sent you the email?

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
I had a vin number and was able to go to ford tracking and see the order. But now it doesn't work any more.
That has happened to my order a couple times on the tracker, I go back and refresh the page by putting in the order# and vin and it shows back up (although sometimes days later),as many here on the forum have posted about their experience with the tracker it's just not that accurate or reliable as a build timeline tool.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Be nice if they would cancel my order already so I can either get my deposit back or order the '22.

15th's my deadline for communication, "In processing" since 9/17 is ridiculously vague regardless of material/part shortage.

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to place an order tomorrow on a truck and I am a bit worried about how long it will take. I suppose we'll see. As soon as I place the order, I'll be ordering and HP Tuners adapter and I'll likely put it on the dyno the day I get it. :)

JimJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FX4. Level2. 2022 SC FX4 on order
Occupation
Retired
I am going to place an order tomorrow on a truck and I am a bit worried about how long it will take. I suppose we'll see. As soon as I place the order, I'll be ordering and HP Tuners adapter and I'll likely put it on the dyno the day I get it. :)
Depends on what you order supercrew seem to go through right away. I’ve had a super cab on order since September

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
There is a lady at Ford who is in charge of ALL new truck orders , Helen Waite is her name , so if you want to order a new truck , go to Helen Waite...

Last edited:

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on what you order supercrew seem to go through right away. I’ve had a super cab on order since September
Was going to order a super cab.
Sponsored