What are the potential trouble spots in the new 2019 Ranger?

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have now driven a car with push button tech for the past 9 years. The key doesn't leave my pocket so there is never the potential to leave it in the vehicle. One thing most people don't think of is that these vehicles simply won't lock if they sense the key fob is inside the vehicle. You can tell it to lock and it will lock, but shortly after you will hear it unlock. It is a bit misleading but it does keep you from locking your keys in your vehicle.

The real reason these push button ignition vehicles are being stolen isn't the tech.
You can lock the keyfob in the car using the keyless entry keypad. You then have to use the keyless entry keypad to gain entry to the vehicle...it will not unlock by touching the door handle....

Oops, I see khyros mentions the same thing....
Sponsored

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I have now driven a car with push button tech for the past 9 years. The key doesn't leave my pocket so there is never the potential to leave it in the vehicle. One thing most people don't think of is that these vehicles simply won't lock if they sense the key fob is inside the vehicle. You can tell it to lock and it will lock, but shortly after you will hear it unlock. It is a bit misleading but it does keep you from locking your keys in your vehicle.

The real reason these push button ignition vehicles are being stolen isn't the tech.
Good information. Now I'll have a good argument for my wife to quit leaving her purse in the truck. Since we won't have the key pad, that means no other way to lock it. Thanks