Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I love it when people only post a link with no description, quotes, or anything to tell me what I'm about to look at.

Yeah, not clicking on that.
You’re not missing anything. Just more transmission fear mongering. The auto enthusiast’s newest pastime..

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
You’re not missing anything. Just more transmission fear mongering. The auto enthusiast’s newest pastime..
I hear there's parties where dudes are smelling each others' oil.;)

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
Unless you’ve had a failure. My GM based 6L80 had to be completely replaced at 160,7xx miles, right after the extended warranty expired. Was told the units “should” last 200k or more. It’s one of the reasons why I’m considering the 10/175k Ford Protect extended warranty for the Ranger.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you’ve had a failure. My GM based 6L80 had to be completely replaced at 160,7xx miles, right after the extended warranty expired. Was told the units “should” last 200k or more. It’s one of the reasons why I’m considering the 10/175k Ford Protect extended warranty for the Ranger.
Well, you knowingly bought a GM sooooo...

When things break you just...get em fixed or get out from under it.

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
Well, you knowingly bought a GM sooooo...

When things break you just...get em fixed or get out from under it.
Not exactly the easiest path for everyone and I’m sure many of us have been in a situation where we didn’t expect to be stranded due to a failure.

The Internet can call it fear mongering, I call it realism. The push for higher fuel economy (with more complex logic in the transmission control system, such as PWM converter lockup) is probably a cause in the shorter lifespan. I’m sure members like Msfitoy didn’t expect a trans replacement at 95k, I sure didn’t expect it on my last vehicle. It’s great if you have $6-10k kicking around at any given moment, most of us don’t expect a major failure when the rest of the vehicle is still in great shape.

These aren’t exotic or German cars where a $6,500 trans replacement or $10k of engine work is expected right out of warranty. But sadly, it’s becoming the norm, at least for me, who relies on my vehicles to get to job sites and sign off on (sometimes multi-million dollar) projects.

OP
OP

CPDKRX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 1981 RX-7, 2005 Vulcan 800
I love it when people only post a link with no description, quotes, or anything to tell me what I'm about to look at.

Yeah, not clicking on that.
Don't be a "D"

OP
OP

CPDKRX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 1981 RX-7, 2005 Vulcan 800
"Fear mongering" I wish! Experiencing it first hand, many of us have. Hope you get to deal with it as well.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman