Warranty Claim after replacing battery

OP
OP

Wings06j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
I am a little confused. When I had my ranger I dont recall the accessory power ports running only when the key is on. Are you saying some will stay on with the key off?
The ports shut off after 2 hours normally. However with my old battery they were turning off immediately. I notice because my dash cam dings when it loses external power.
Sponsored

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Ford just gave me a 5yr/75k mile extended warrantee for the hassle. I'll easily hit the 5yr before I hit the miles but that's still an extra 2 years of coverage.
How did you manage that? I had a serious issue with a dealer recently and would love that to make up for my headache.

OP
OP

Wings06j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
How did you manage that? I had a serious issue with a dealer recently and would love that to make up for my headache.
I didn't even ask for it (or any compensation). I just wanted my truck fixed under warrantee like it was supposed to be. Ford called me to see if everything had been repaired and to let me know what the dealer told them about the situation. They then asked how I would feel about getting a 5yr/75k mile premiumcare extended warranty at their expense. I of course said that would be great. It just showed up in my Fordpass this morning. I hope to never need it but I'll gladly take the peace of mind.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I didn't even ask for it (or any compensation). I just wanted my truck fixed under warrantee like it was supposed to be. Ford called me to see if everything had been repaired and to let me know what the dealer told them about the situation. They then asked how I would feel about getting a 5yr/75k mile premiumcare extended warranty at their expense. I of course said that would be great. It just showed up in my Fordpass this morning. I hope to never need it but I'll gladly take the peace of mind.
That is awesome!

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I got the same thing when our Ranger had an issue that took it out of service after just 64 miles.
Sponsored