Video: installed the Fox 2.0 Stage 1 suspension kit

ACon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Lariat, 2018 Ford Explorer Limited
I'm trying to do this exact same install right now. I haven't taken off the caliper or axle nut (since I don't have a 35 MM socket). I did, however, loosen the sway bar as much as I could without dropping it.

As a result, I am having a heck of a time getting enough force to pop the old suspenion out. Even with a pry bar it's near impossible.

I'm going to try to remove the axle nut now, but was avoiding since the Stage3Motorsports video install didn't show any of the challenges I'm having...

Thoughts on if it is possible without removing the axle nut?

EDIT: Axle nut and caliper removed. Autozone let me rent the larger socket set for $0 with a deposit. Also disconnected swaybar end link. The lower swingarm doesn't seem to be dropping nearly as much as I need it to. This is so strange. Other youtube videos like this one make it seem so easy...

When I put force on the lower swingarm, the shock appropriately dips in the coil bucket until the three bolts at the top catch inside the coil bucket and stop it from moving. Can't seem to dip it even further even while (almost) jumping on the lower swingarm to try to pop it free. Maybe I can use a prybar on the bottom to lift the bottom bolts up and out?

FINAL EDIT: I got it! Turns out I just had to fully follow the video and knock the knuckle loose of the axle. That gave me more than enough clearance to get the old unit out.

Last edited:

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I just talked to FOX. They recommend that the shock body be installed oriented up to keep the single walled body protected from impact. I guess I will be taking mine out and reversing them as the Dealership installed them body down.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Hello all , new here :D

Installed the Fox 2.0 State 1 kit the other day.

Not too terribly hard in your own garage. A lift and some AC would be nice tho ?. Loving the kit so far !
Nice, where did you purchase the Fox2.0 and how much lift added on the front? Thanks.
Sponsored