Vehicle Security System - Optional LED Kit

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/10668/s/anti-theft-flasher/category/3115/

Has anybody looked into this; "Alarm is enabled" LED light kit? The description says it is to be used with the add on "upgraded" alarm module that's available for purchase. I would like to have a blinking LED light illuminate when locked, to discourage evil do'ers from damaging my baby. My Question is, has anyone looked into if this will work, without the upgraded alarm ie, will it plug in anywhere.
Thanks, Monty
Sponsored

Last edited:

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/10668/s/anti-theft-flasher/category/3115/

Has anybody looked into this; "Alarm is enabled" LED light kit? The description says it is to be used with the add on "upgraded" alarm module that's available for purchase. I would like to have a blinking LED light illuminate when locked, to discourage evil do'ers from damaging my baby. My Question is, has anyone looked into if this will work, without the upgraded alarm ie, will it plug in anywhere.
Thanks, Monty
Monty,
I dont know if you got an answer but I contacted Genuine Ford Parts in Henderson Nevada gave them my VIN and they verified with Ford database that the module works with my truck.
$11.25

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Interesting.

Wonder where this plugs into. Cause just fund the right micro JST connector and you can make your own for under $5.00 with wires long enough to mount it just about anywhere.

LizardOfElgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, FX4, White Platinum, 501A, Tow Package, Factory spray in liner

Thanks, Monty
I bought this light also, and was told I needed to install this

https://accessories.ford.com/electronics/vehicle-security/electronic-module-12157.html

and it looks like there is a spot to plug the light in on the shock sensor/module. I was also told this shock sensor was needed by Ford.

I can’t figure out where the Y harness gets plugged into the vehicle however. Once I get it physically installed I believe I can use Forscan to activate it. I did get some instructions but it looks like the OBD slot, not a match.

Does anyone know where the harness plugs into?

CAAE5215-3A37-4789-982B-571846894FF2.jpeg

861ECE84-8A99-4242-8BED-C9213061B5F3.jpeg

Attachments

rfmanning

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I bought this light also, and was told I needed to install this

https://accessories.ford.com/electronics/vehicle-security/electronic-module-12157.html

and it looks like there is a spot to plug the light in on the shock sensor/module. I was also told this shock sensor was needed by Ford.

I can’t figure out where the Y harness gets plugged into the vehicle however. Once I get it physically installed I believe I can use Forscan to activate it. I did get some instructions but it looks like the OBD slot, not a match.

Does anyone know where the harness plugs into?

CAAE5215-3A37-4789-982B-571846894FF2.jpeg

861ECE84-8A99-4242-8BED-C9213061B5F3.jpeg
In the thread on the Perimeter Plus install, someone gave this test. Shut down the truck. Roll down the driver window. Exit. Lock the truck with the remote. Wait 30 seconds (For the Perimeter Security to arm. Without unlocking the truck, reach inside the open window, and using the inside control, open the door. You will get an alarm if the Perimeter alarm is working. That module pictured above will be a plug and play install.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
The LED is optional - and pricey for what it is, but I got one. I wan tit to be obvious that there is an active alarm. More so than a sticker on the window.
There is a whole thread on this and dinner is calling so you will have to - Use the search Luke
Sponsored