Unscientific test!

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
The 4.0 is still used in the 4Runner here and in the Hilux/GX/LC Prado overseas.
Yes it used to be available as an option in the Prado and Hilux here for many years, by all accounts an excellent engine, apart from it's thirst. But still arguably a better option than the D4D 3L diesel with it's injector and piston issues, and the money saved would buy a LOT of petrol. However they dropped it from the range a couple of years ago, so now all you can get is the new 2.8 diesel. (that was the first year that the Ranger outsold the Hilux because there were lots of DPF issues with that engine initially)
Sponsored

NOVA_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I liked my 2013 Tacoma Off-Road, never even considered the ā€˜third genā€™ Tacoma, and I love my Ranger. I waste Tacomas regularly with my truck, haha.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
After having my Tacoma and being on that forum I was really reluctant to join this one. But glad I did as it's been one of if not the best I've ever been on! There's going to be disagreements anywhere but usually here they seem to work themself out and everyone kisses and makes up in the end. lol ?
Same here. I've owned a lot of cars throughout the years, and have signed up for a lot of forums. TW was by far the worst. I couldn't believe the lunacy that went on there. God forbid you had just one negative thing to say about the Tacoma or had questions about a problem you were having, they would eat you alive. "Hey guys my truck caught on fire on its own. TW = It's your fault, you probably didn't use the right oil" lol..

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Just like RP can do to my lips, I ainā€™t touchin this ?

OP
OP
Phessor

Phessor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Crew Cab
Vehicle Showcase
My brother picked up a brand new 2022 Tacoma with the 3.5 L and automatic. I conducted the same test and it would only get up to 68 MPH, so I am still glad I went with my Ranger.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i just assumed toyota was trying to streamline things by removing engines and taking one from other cars and sharing it in more models across the line up.
Sponsored