Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I think a completely smooth road the ride is great but ANY bump and it is just ridiculous how bumpy/bouncy it is. A big bump and its almost enough to give whip lash lol

I honestly think I can fix the "bounce" issue with suspension but I am very concerned I will not be able to solve my seat comfort.
That's funny...I love the fact that I don't have to slow for speed bumps any more...just power through them like they're not there:LOL:

On the other hand, don't take them at an angle at speed...you'll bang your head against the side glass:)
Sponsored

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
OP, The Eibach front and rear shocks took the "whiplash" out of the ride for me for me, the fronts are adjustable height I left them at the 0" setting. I drove that for awhile with stock wheels and tires 17" w/ bridgestone dueller AT's before adding sidewall. The improvement was worth the price of the shocks and the install. I then went to 16" oem rims with goodyear trailrunner AT 255 75 16, no mods required. This created a total sidewall height of 7.8" and further increased the RQ, I have no non braking RQ complaints anymore.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Have you checked your air pressure?
My new Ranger came home with 45 psi in the tire. WTF people, I thought I was going to start bouncing. Actually I got my FordPass Android app to report the tire pressure.

But aside from that, it's very comfortable for me. I come from a late model Escape. I have to duck my head a little to get in but not like people have to do with a Tacoma.

Willis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
I’ve had multiple Rangers and s10s over the years and my 4wd crew sport is the most enjoyable truck I’ve ever had. When I drove it the first weekend I was bouncing all over the road until seen my tires were at 47 psi. I put them on 30 and has been great so far.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I still say 16" rims are the way to go.. having 32" tires gives you a lot of rubber cushion

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I still say 16" rims are the way to go.. having 32" tires gives you a lot of rubber cushion
The more sidewall the better IMO... but all that tire sidewall also means more axial flex, which isn't good for cornering.

OP
OP

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
i also think that many people are identifying their problems incorrectly by using the wrong terms for what it's actually doing, which adds confusion on the solution and remedy.
Can you elaborate?

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Manual, google and my door sticker =/

My ford pass says 35 as well
My door jam and FordPass both say 30 PSI. Mine is a 4X4 crew cab. I suspect where you're seeing 35 in the manual is on page 213 and that is merely an example being provided, not the actual rated PSI you should be using. The door jam sticker and/or what's printed on the tire sidewall itself is the gospel for your tires. The only time the door jam is wrong is if you're not using the stock OEM setup which I suspect you are. It's extremely odd that FordPass wouldn't be the same as what the OEM settings are.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I think my Ranger is the most comfortable ride I've had from my old "09 and '93 Rangers. I've been driving my Ranger the most, and a few places we've traveled to. (Omaha was the furtherest trip) and was comfortable. On Thanksgiving, we took my husband's car, and OMG I felt every bump in the road, road noise, and wasn't very comfortable in the seat.

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
My door jam and FordPass both say 30 PSI. Mine is a 4X4 crew cab. I suspect where you're seeing 35 in the manual is on page 213 and that is merely an example being provided, not the actual rated PSI you should be using. The door jam sticker and/or what's printed on the tire sidewall itself is the gospel for your tires. The only time the door jam is wrong is if you're not using the stock OEM setup which I suspect you are. It's extremely odd that FordPass wouldn't be the same as what the OEM settings are.
Mine came from the factory/dealer with 40 PSI in the stock 255/70/R16 Bridgestone Duelers.

Upgraded to 265/70/R16 Falken Wildpeaks, tire guys only put 30 PSI in, I'm guessing reading the door numbers, on a tire that is .5" bigger, wider, and more aggressive. Checked online, same tire company recommends 41 psi, and I believe their max load rating is at 45? I've been running them at 40 without it feeling stiff.

I believe the Fordpass app tries to tell me they should be 30 psi.

OP
OP

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
35 is on the door tires manual fordpass and on google it is literally everywhere?

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
35 is on the door tires manual fordpass and on google it is literally everywhere?
Don't feel like going out in the 20 degree weather to take a picture of the door sticker.

But FordPass says 30 psi. Pretty sure the manual and sticker does too.

So no, not literally everywhere.

screenshot_20191130-220320_2.png

Rkoliser

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger lariat Fx4
Occupation
Software engineer
Based on other threads I have read with actual door sticker pictures, different configurations come with different tires and ford does have different door stickers to accompany that. I believe I have seen 30,it 35, and 40 psi door stickers in threads. So is possible that you are both right for your specific truck.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
...and I specifically said that it depends on the tires but more importantly I can't find a single place in the owners manual that recommended tire pressures are given. They'd have to reprint the manual every time Ford changed vendors which makes no sense. That's why the door jam is the best place to start. I wouldn't trust what FordPass has in the first place since there's no way it knows specifically what's installed on my truck. I run the OEM tires therefor the door jam is the right PSI.

I cannot possibly fathom how anyone driving today would resort to Google to get an answer that is printed on their vehicle and the tires themselves in the first place. YMMV...

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Funny how people are saying go to 30 PSI while it depends not only on the model but also the packages installed. Mine should be 35 according to the door sticker, similar as with @Nbenninati. When I took delivery, they were actually at 45, I lowered them to 38 to get rid of the stiff ride, I never had them at 35 yet.

As for comfortability vs a regular car, it all comes down to personal preferences I think. My previous ride was a 2016 Explorer Limited, and our second car is a 2012 BMW 328i, and I prefer the Ranger over both of them, despite of it being my first truck.
Sponsored