TSB 19-2052 April 2019 Build

Tcskeptic

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 4x4
I recently bought an April 2019 build Ranger. It seems to exhibit the symptoms of 19-2052. It jerks and lunges at low speed when cold, jerks when accelerating when cold and lunges and feels like it is stalling out at low speed. Overall, it is really detracting from the truck. I took it by the dealer but it was both a warm day and took me 1/2 hour to get there so the symptoms were minimized. Based on my build date they declined to do anything — what should I do next?
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I recently bought an April 2019 build Ranger. It seems to exhibit the symptoms of 19-2052. It jerks and lunges at low speed when cold, jerks when accelerating when cold and lunges and feels like it is stalling out at low speed. Overall, it is really detracting from the truck. I took it by the dealer but it was both a warm day and took me 1/2 hour to get there so the symptoms were minimized. Based on my build date they declined to do anything — what should I do next?
HI Rich,

File a complaint with Ford Customer Service. Generate a concern number. The the dealer has something to which they can charge their time and money... You will have to elevate this above the call center in the Philippines. Insist to talk to a US based Customer Service Rep.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP

Tcskeptic

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HI Rich,

File a complaint with Ford Customer Service. Generate a concern number. The the dealer has something to which they can charge their time and money... You will have to elevate this above the call center in the Philippines. Insist to talk to a US based Customer Service Rep.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks Phil — I will start that direction

OP
OP

Tcskeptic

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI — after a little back and forth and opening the concern number they put the Ranger on the computer and detected a number of misfires. They applied TSB 19-2246, picked my truck up about 10 minutes ago, we’ll see how it goes. Thanks again for your help.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
HI Rich,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
How can the dealer charge Ford for performing service applicable to builds before mid-March for a truck built in April?

Sako887

First Name
Sarkis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
FYI — after a little back and forth and opening the concern number they put the Ranger on the computer and detected a number of misfires. They applied TSB 19-2246, picked my truck up about 10 minutes ago, we’ll see how it goes. Thanks again for your help.
Any updates on the truck? Did that tsb fix the issue?

TrebMaxx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
April build here too. Following.

OP
OP

Tcskeptic

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not put nearly as many miles on my truck over the last few weeks due to WFH, but I made it a point to go driving on a few of the very cold mornings that we have had. As far as I can tell, things are 99% better. The only thing I think I detect at this point is a stutter on hard acceleration while still cold. But it is a vast, vast improvement.

a andrews

First Name
ALAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED
hi- just to followup- i have a build date of 4/2019. had identical issues. after 4 trips to ford the shifting problems left , but still excessive hesitation/ jerking or studder from when engine is cold until completly warmed up is present. finally did the 19-2052 or the19-2246 fix your problem? thanks alan

OP
OP

Tcskeptic

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hi- just to followup- i have a build date of 4/2019. had identical issues. after 4 trips to ford the shifting problems left , but still excessive hesitation/ jerking or studder from when engine is cold until completly warmed up is present. finally did the 19-2052 or the19-2246 fix your problem? thanks alan
19-2246 fixed it. There is still some hesitation under hard acceleration as I mentioned above, but it’s not major enough for me to care about.

alan andrews

First Name
alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019-ford ranger xlt
19-2246 fixed it. There is still some hesitation under hard acceleration as I mentioned above, but it’s not major enough for me to care about.
i think you just solved the problem. ill present this to ford care and make sure they direct the info to the local clueless ford dealer. THANKS!
Sponsored