Truxedo Pro X15 vs. Extang Xceed vs. Bakflip MX4 vs. UnderCover ArmorFlex

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Very helpful, I just purchased one on Amazon. Meant to do it before it snowed but better late than never.
[/QUOTE
I have a drop in bedliner. The aluminum strip they give you to make up the gap at the front of the box was impossible to install. I replaced it with a rubber strip made to seal caps/toppers. I think it works better. They might even have changed to this with the covers now.
Sponsored

OP
OP

darquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
I have the Xceed, I really like it. One of the main reasons I choose it was how low/flush it sits on the bed. I also liked how you can’t see any “hinges”. It is very water tight with just a little getting in around the tailgate. Also you can open and close the tail gate with the cover closed, no problem. When completed folded and propped up the bed is pretty open. Plus it doesn’t have to lean against the cab when all the way open/up.

if you get one make sure it wasn’t old stock. The first one I received the cover wouldn’t latch. At first we thought it was because it came missing some parts, so they sent the parts and it still wouldn’t latch/lock. I was planning on shimming out the rails using some 1/8” flat aluminum stock, but they sent me an entire new kit. The rails in the first kit also looked like they were cut on achop saw. The new ones are wider and have the ends finished with caps. The first cover was a little too long as the ripper almost touch the cab.
While it was a pain in the ass to get it done, waiting for parts, then the whole new kit and taking it on and off. I’m very happy with the final product.
I ended up buying this one. I think I’ve got the same problem you had.

the first two sections of the cover will latch on each side without much of a problem, but the final section near the tailgate is finicky. I can get one side to latch, but it’s like the bed is juuuuust too wide to get the other side to latch all the way. Once it warms up, I’m going to try and move the latch assembly out a bit like the manual suggests.

I’m currently waiting on a part from Extang-for the ranger, they send these brackets with hardware, and there’s supposed to be two plastic push pins for the brackets near the tailgate, but it wasn’t included in my box. The hardware should get here soon. This will be round two. They sent me a whole hardware package but the supplier failed to put those pins in a bunch of bags.

Devil6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’m sure you’ve made a decision by now but I’ve got an Extang Xceed. It’s low profile and I generally I like it.

I get quite a bit of rain and snow. and the bed stays dry. Last week the tailgate did freeze to the rear seal for a couple of days but that can happen to any cover.

The tailgate will close with the cover down.

I like that the cover has a rubber mat on top.

I was able to install Yakima Landing Pads on the bed rails and they work well with the cover.

What I don’t like is that the underside supports are very thick, especially the first and last ones. A Yeti tundra haul is too tall to fit. I have not removed the rubber pads on the bottom or the wheels but, it hits the very last support and is too tall by a few MMs. It clears the middle supports but just.

Off of the top of my head the cover will only support 250 lbs placed on it. This is less than others.

Woodrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I’m sure you’ve made a decision by now but I’ve got an Extang Xceed. It’s low profile and I generally I like it.

I get quite a bit of rain and snow. and the bed stays dry. Last week the tailgate did freeze to the rear seal for a couple of days but that can happen to any cover.

The tailgate will close with the cover down.

I like that the cover has a rubber mat on top.

I was able to install Yakima Landing Pads on the bed rails and they work well with the cover.

What I don’t like is that the underside supports are very thick, especially the first and last ones. A Yeti tundra haul is too tall to fit. I have not removed the rubber pads on the bottom or the wheels but, it hits the very last support and is too tall by a few MMs. It clears the middle supports but just.

Off of the top of my head the cover will only support 250 lbs placed on it. This is less than others.

Woodrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
I am seriously considering the Exang Exceed cover also. Just wondering if anyone knows if the Swing Case boxes will clear the cross rails on the cover at the rear.

Devil6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am seriously considering the Exang Exceed cover also. Just wondering if anyone knows if the Swing Case boxes will clear the cross rails on the cover at the rear.
The front of the Yeti Tundra Haul is 19 9/16” and the rear is 19 7/16”.

Sitting in the bed on the runners the front with the handle is just too high for this cover.

This should help you figure out what you need to know.

Now that I know the front and rear are different heights I’m going to flip it around and see if the rear of the cooler fits under the cover’s crossbar at the tailgate.
Sponsored