First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
I am going to buy one or the other, just trying to figure out which is the overall best and why. Both appear to be quality products.

I'd like to hear your thought on them, what you like & don't like, & would you buy whatever you have again.

I appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks
Sponsored

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
I have the Leer HF650M. What I like the best is that when open it does not lean against the cab. Also, you are suppoed to be able to see the brake light on the cab when open, but not sure if you actually can.
IMG_2733(1).jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

It is a bit pricey but I was able to get a 10% discount.

OP
OP
NeilP

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
I have the Leer HF650M. What I like the best is that when open it does not lean against the cab. Also, you are suppoed to be able to see the brake light on the cab when open, but not sure if you actually can.
IMG_2733(1).jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

I like the fact that the Leer does not rest against the cab. I do not like things rubbing on the paint when the vehicle is in motion.

Thanks for the photos & your input.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
IMG_2733(1).jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

Sorry to hijack, but curious if you have anything under your BedRug (i.e. spray in liner)? Thanks.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Sorry to hijack, but curious if you have anything under your BedRug (i.e. spray in liner)? Thanks.
Haha. I do not have anything (yet). Installed the BedRug when it was about 11 days old.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I know it's not on your list, but have you looked at the Gator FX3? That's what I have installed on my truck, and it's been fantastic. Costs a few hundred less than the BAKFlip, but is nearly identical in form and function. If cost is a consideration, give the Gator a look. I love mine.

GregP

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Customer Service
For me the MX4 is the way to go, its super easy to open/close and has held up well for almost 2.5 years. Very good quality & workmanship, I would definitely buy this again if I wanted a quality tonneau cover and $ was not an option

69C417A4-2804-4DEC-847E-E652BE329C99.jpeg

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RangerXLT CrewCab 4x4
I don’t have any experience with Leer. Last truck had an undercover full hard cover (which I really liked). As far as folding - I got a rebranded MX4 myself- I really have liked it so far. No complaints. What I found when I first installed it was it seemed to have have more rain intrusion than what others said they experienced. What I found was that the end cap at the drainage end was not all the way in. I tapped them back in gently with a rubber mallet, put some butyl sealant around that end and put it all back in. Now I think the water intrusion is the same as what others experienced (typical of folding covers?). What I did like was when I asked about what size screws they used for strap attachments as mine was showing a little rust (cause I wanted to replace with stainless steel) - they sent me a whole new set of strap attachments as a warranty replacement. So for my dollar, that was excellent customer service backing up their product. Which makes all the difference for me. If that is worth anything. They could have told me to take a hike and go back to the company that sells them as under their own brand.
Sponsored