First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Check wiring harness connectors to make sure they are mated there’s one behind the left headlight that seems to be loose/not fully seated for some.

OP
OP
26point2

26point2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
as you keep starting it, and more things go offline, it reminds me of the time in my high school days when I worked at a wrecking yard and had an AMC Gremlin for a yard car (yes it had cutting torches mounted to the rear seat....was an awesome machine for beating on....until the electrical had a meltdown and set the car on fire and subsequently half of the yards cars followed suit, but i digress.

be careful, I'd consider towing it to the dealer rather than driving it.
I don't think more things are going offline after every start...I just keep finding more thing broken.

Talked to the dealer, I'm going to run it down tomorrow morning, the sales guys are going to look for something that I can take as a loaner if they can't figure it out in a few hours.

Right now I'm testing to see if it will fit in the garage.

Edit: Nope, too long. Power windows also don't work, makes sense as the door locks don't work.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
It’s almost like your BCM (body control module) itself has partially or completely gone bad. I can’t remember but a lot of the things you’re describing I believe may be controlled by the BCM.

OP
OP
26point2

26point2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s almost like your BCM (body control module) itself has partially or completely gone bad. I can’t remember but a lot of the things you’re describing I believe may be controlled by the BCM.
Let me guess, that's one of the parts on national back order.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Whats the battery voltage? In newer vehicles, sometimes when the battery voltage is low, all sorts of weird shit starts happening. Worth checking, and worth plugging a trickle charger to fully charge battery and see what that does

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
This was my thought also. Either BCM or one of the other modules.

OP
OP
26point2

26point2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AdamHarris you are the winner (actually anyone who said check connectors is the winner)...opened the fuse panel in the cab and this connector wasn't pushed in all the way:

IMG_0469.jpg

After I pushed it in most of the problems went away, there was a P068A code, cleared that and everything started working.

The problem I see is that it doesn't click in, so maybe it worked it's way out the past few months. Besides today, I've never been in the panel.

Thanks for everyone's input!!!

R/
Craig

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Think you found what we use to call the ultimate car theft protection. Pull the coil wire and no jumping that puppy. Well now we got pull the connector and close the panel cover and we got a brick! ?

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
AdamHarris you are the winner (actually anyone who said check connectors is the winner)...opened the fuse panel in the cab and this connector wasn't pushed in all the way:

IMG_0469.jpg

After I pushed it in most of the problems went away, there was a P068A code, cleared that and everything started working.

The problem I see is that it doesn't click in, so maybe it worked it's way out the past few months. Besides today, I've never been in the panel.

Thanks for everyone's input!!!

R/
Craig
It’s Andy, glad it worked out for you..
Sponsored