First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I am tired of my cheap vinyl roll up cover and plan to buy a tri fold hard cover from Undercover or Bak, the thing is that from almost all pictures of freshly installed covers, the wide rubber seals that lay on top of the bed rails do not lay down perfectly flat, It appears that the covers sat folded up inside their shipping box and get permanent creases in the rubber and it looks terrible! So my question is: Do they get better over time? Does the sun or a hair dryer will do the job? Thanks
073716D5-6656-4F6B-9FA4-F00BE69DA8C2.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deleted member 8247

let it bake a bit in the sun and after a few days the rubber will lay flat; that's normal depending on how it was shipped so don't fret it

rparge

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired.
I am tired of my cheap vinyl roll up cover and plan to buy a tri fold hard cover from Undercover or Bak, the thing is that from almost all pictures of freshly installed covers, the wide rubber seals that lay on top of the bed rails do not lay down perfectly flat, It appears that the covers sat folded up inside their shipping box and get permanent creases in the rubber and it looks terrible! So my question is: Do they get better over time? Does the sun or a hair dryer will do the job? Thanks
073716D5-6656-4F6B-9FA4-F00BE69DA8C2.jpeg
Have you looked at Extang? It folds up against the cab like a BAK FLIP, and I am super happy, this is #2 for me, last one was on a *cough* Tacoma.

20210401_182703.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: