Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Easy install, crappy instructions. I saw some other members who had issues with gaps, but mine sealed fine all around. I think the key is to not have it overhang too far on the tailgate. The tailgate has a gradual flare up on the back half of the top that will make for gaps if you position it too far back.

Also, don’t skip the bulkhead bar they give you for the front of the bed. It will leak if you do. I know the instructions on installing that bar suck, so here’s a couple pics of it installed to hopefully help others.

The “lip” of the bulkhead bar sits on top of the front bed rail and makes it even with the side rails. Skipping this step will leave a good one inch gap.

A7FAA854-8ECF-4C9B-A7F8-183F7FD85FA8.jpeg
AA78F91E-7215-43AE-8B27-30A8478FC71F.jpeg

cheers!
Sponsored

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at buying this one, what are your thoughts on the quality so far?

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, I’ve had it on all year and it is holding up great. No issues and only a couple of drops of water got in during a torrential downpour at 50 mph. I think it’s a great value.

bloosh

First Name
Braelin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I've had mine for a couple weeks now. I feel like mine is about a half inch to short to seal on both ends, and they forgot to send me the parts to attach the bulkhead bracket.

Also, I noticed mine has started to bend the lip where the clips attach, and I have tried to be careful to make sure it's not too tight. Not sure if it will be a problem long term or if other covers would have the same problem.

Bent.jpg

Last edited:

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think the bed cap bending is from over torquing the clamps are from the cover latching when it's closed?

Any way to brace the metal so it does not bend?

bloosh

First Name
Braelin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Do you think the bed cap bending is from over torquing the clamps are from the cover latching when it's closed?

Any way to brace the metal so it does not bend?
I just barely noticed it on returning from a camping trip, so I haven't had a chance to investigate closely. I have been pretty careful not to overtighen the quick-release clamps, and the clamps near the cab don't seem to be bending it at all. I was also able to compare to a similar soft trifold on another ranger. It had different clamps and no sign of it bending the metal. For this reason I tend to think the quick-release clamp design is to blame, but I may just be not using them right?

For what it's worth, I noticed a couple reviews on Amazon mentioning the bending.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Thanks for the info. Not much info on the efx out there. Ive been looking at the Gator efx for a while now because its a decent deal. And I haven't seen any real difference between the efx and fx. According to gator though the fx has "better" materials, I doub't $200 better.
I think ill be getting the efx before winter hits.

Edit: I just notice you are talking about the ETX not efx. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah this is for the hard tri-fold cover. I believe ETX is a soft cover, although mounting may be similar.
Sponsored