Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had the OEM TBC installed and know how to use it? I hope that's not a dumb question.
It's pretty much what you expect: clockwise for more braking power, CCW for less. Push the button head in for manual application at the selected power level.
Sponsored

kmanshi

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
It's pretty much what you expect: clockwise for more braking power, CCW for less. Push the button head in for manual application at the selected power level.
Right on! Thank you for following up!!

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
"The owner's manual is pretty much useless in trying to figure out how this thing works. By my guess, you just turn the knob to select the voltage for the trailer brakes. I haven't hooked up my trailer to calibrate it, but that is on my list. I will be camping this weekend, so I will know more then.

Has anyone had the OEM TBC installed and know how to use it? I hope that's not a dumb question."

I had the same controller installed on my 2019 XLT. Works great. Don't leave home with a trailer attached without it. Rotating the knob clockwise increases trailer braking, the opposite way decreases it. Pushing the knob applies the trailer brakes without applying the truck's brakes. Test it out in a parking lot to get it right.

One reason I had Ford install the TBC was a technical service bulletin out last year saying certain aftermarket TBCs interfered with the emergency braking system on the truck. Not wanting to be arguing with lawyers if an accident ever did happen, I thought it was better to have Ford install the unit. It turns out it is a unit made by an aftermarket company. But at least I have a Ford factory install order.

Chandu06

First Name
Chandan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT chrome package
Occupation
IT
Hey,
Just curious to know how much did you end up paying for this. I called my Ford dealer and I was quoted for about $800.
Thanks for your inputs.??

Last edited:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey,
Just curious to know how much did you end up paying for this. I called my Ford dealer here in Helena, MT and I was quoted for about $800.
Thanks for your inputs.??
It varies wildly depending on dealer. Below is what I found around me for the install.

1608441358077.png

Also - You'll want to remove some of your location from your profile, this field is publicly visible and that looks like a full address, presumably to your home.

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
I was at the dealer picking up my wife's Fusion after it died. The salesman that sold me my Ranger came out with other salesman to look at the rocker panel, tailgate panel protectors, tailgate letters and swing out tool box I added. They said it looks really cool and asked where I got the them. I had to let them know they are Ford accessories. So shows how much they know sometimes.

Last edited:

Chandu06

First Name
Chandan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT chrome package
Occupation
IT
It varies wildly depending on dealer. Below is what I found around me for the install.

1608441358077.png

Also - You'll want to remove some of your location from your profile, this field is publicly visible and that looks like a full address, presumably to your home.
Sure.
Thank you for the list and the suggestion abt my profile. Just did it ??
Sponsored

Reactions: EJH