John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
As it reads... I’d say a harness has a short to ground. Could be related to the harness recall? Do the rear tail lights work?
Yup, all works. Says headlights though. Would it be different?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BHunted

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Harness under the headlight....several have had this problem....
Thanks.....I'll check.... must be some weird stuff. I did nothing to the headlights. My Trigger 2100 sits on the battery, but there are no shorted wires from that... I'll yank everything out and look again....

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.....I'll check.... must be some weird stuff. I did nothing to the headlights. My Trigger 2100 sits on the battery, but there are no shorted wires from that... I'll yank everything out and look again....
My truck just popped the same thing Friday afternoon on myway home. Did you ever find a solution to this?

OP
OP
BHunted

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ya mean when my truck shut down? No... dealer said when this happens, they re-flash to computer and usually fixes it. No probs and it only happened that one time...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
Ya mean when my truck shut down? No... dealer said when this happens, they re-flash to computer and usually fixes it. No probs and it only happened that one time...
That sucks. Looks like I'll be chasing wiring ghosts then. Mine is still active and has disabled the collision avoidance system which is also my cruise control. It's annoying as hell. Unfortunately, I have an aftermarket front bumper and a winch, so I doubt Ford will fix a wiring issue under warranty.

OP
OP
BHunted

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
wouldn't hurt to ask them....
That sucks. Looks like I'll be chasing wiring ghosts then. Mine is still active and has disabled the collision avoidance system which is also my cruise control. It's annoying as hell. Unfortunately, I have an aftermarket front bumper and a winch, so I doubt Ford will fix a wiring issue under warranty.
Sponsored