TOYO Open Country A/T III

VESH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FX4
Can't say on MPG. Never calculated it on stock tires or these. Just not a big concern of mine.

No clearance or rubbing issues. Had them on a light trail this weekend. Lots of this type stuff...
ksfhpwswfqi11.jpg

...still pristine in the wheelwells. No signs of rubbing on liners or factory bars.

Just to clarify, this is on factory offset. Spacers or aftermarket wheels will probably put you into the bars.

I might add small spacers for stance at some point but if I do I'll go to aftermarket bars.

Keeping the factory crash bars in place was one of my criteria when choosing tire size as well.

Tires handled it like a champ. I didn't air down due to the length of the trail and the sidewalls did well on the rocks.

I haven't chalk tested them yet but 36 psi cold seems to be the spot. On the road you can definitely feel the extra weight. But it's not as obtrusive as I feared. Didn't have me jonesing for a tune or anything. Yet.

If you're changing your tire size with Forscan let me know. I'll look up the value I used so you have somewhere to start.
D Fresh - all 255/80/17 forum searches lead to you ? Are you still on stock crash bars with no wheel spacers? Now that you’ve had them for a few months any rubbing on or off-road? How is clearance with the upper control arms?
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
D Fresh - all 255/80/17 forum searches lead to you ? Are you still on stock crash bars with no wheel spacers? Now that you’ve had them for a few months any rubbing on or off-road? How is clearance with the upper control arms?

:LOL:

Been great so far.

My off road travels have been limited to light trails as of yet. But no rubbing so far.

Clearance at upper control arm and stock bars with wheel straight. Truck is dirty, it's been wet.

20211215_100537.jpg

20211215_100551.jpg

20211215_100603.jpg

Still no spacers, factory 17"s, factory crash bars.

VESH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FX4
:LOL:

Been great so far.

My off road travels have been limited to light trails as of yet. But no rubbing so far.

Clearance at upper control arm and stock bars with wheel straight. Truck is dirty, it's been wet.

20211215_100537.jpg

20211215_100551.jpg

20211215_100603.jpg

Still no spacers, factory 17"s, factory crash bars.
Thank you ?

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Thanks for all you guy's information. It's very helpful. l am still on the stock Hankooks. Next year around this time I will be ready for some new skins!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Finally got some snow here.

These tires are great. Handled the snow very well. Had some trouble with the icy bits but that's to be expected unless you wanna go with winter tires.

Also, sand mode is the ticket to disable RSC if anybody is thinking about hooning an empty parking lot.

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have a ton of miles on them yet, but haven’t noticed any substantial road noise or weird handling. I live in FL so they have seen plenty of rain and wet roads and no issues there either.

No off-roading or mud yet, so I can’t speak on how well they would preform in those scenarios.

I love the look of these, especially over stock. These with the level and 1.5” spacers make the truck look “right”. Like they should come from the factory IMO.

21207E09-0632-4512-BEA4-FB2C2FC95E6D.jpeg
Curious, how high is your roof line now? i have 2.5 level with my stock tires right now and i have already found one parking garage i had to take my antenna off for, just wondering how high the bigger tires make it over stock + level.

Deleted member 15875

Since I had my dealer install these tires before delivery, I don't have any comparison data with the stock Hankook tires.

Previous reading.
Image 1476.png

Current reading.
I've done more off-roading lately which may be lowering the overall average.
Image 1480.png

Two day trip readings. Mostly two-lane country roads.
Image 1479.png

Image 1478.png
Your MPG makes me want to cry. I'm barely getting 16MPG with 1K miles on stock tires at 35PSI. I drive slow too.
Sponsored