Towing Questions

Tim L.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sabre; 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4Matic
I bought my truck without the tow package and, as part of the deal, the dealer was going to install the tow package afterwards. Still waiting for the parts 4 months later.
Sponsored

tombdmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2x4
I bought my truck without the tow package and, as part of the deal, the dealer was going to install the tow package afterwards. Still waiting for the parts 4 months later.
My dealer just offered to have UHaul install a Draw-Tite 7,500 lb hitch and the factory wiring instead of waiting for who knows how long. I know its different and won't integrate into the bumper like the factory hitch, but I'd rather go camping now. Plus the aftermarket hitch looks to be about 2" lower and I may not have to modify my existing weight distribution hitch with an extra long drop. Uhaul can get the hitches in about a week. Deal made was that I drop the truck off and pick up at the dealer so I don't have to interact with Uhaul, dealer takes care of all expenses and I get a loaner in the meantime.

RangerRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2014 F150 FX4
My dealer just offered to have UHaul install a Draw-Tite 7,500 lb hitch and the factory wiring instead of waiting for who knows how long. I know its different and won't integrate into the bumper like the factory hitch, but I'd rather go camping now. Plus the aftermarket hitch looks to be about 2" lower and I may not have to modify my existing weight distribution hitch with an extra long drop. Uhaul can get the hitches in about a week. Deal made was that I drop the truck off and pick up at the dealer so I don't have to interact with Uhaul, dealer takes care of all expenses and I get a loaner in the meantime.
check out etrailer for straight plug in harness, worked for me!
Sponsored