Touch up paint for saber?

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Yesterday I was driving down the highway where they were doing mowing. I heard something hit the passenger side of my truck. Sure enough when I got home there were 4 small chips in the paint that looks like down to the primer. Bummed me out since I've only had my Ranger for 5 months.

Where can I get some quality touch up paint to match my saber paint? I found some on Amazon but it only has 4 ratings with now actual written reviews. Also how hard is it to apply and still look really good? I've never used touch up paint before. Or am I better off taking it some place and having a professional do it?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I was driving down the highway where they were doing mowing. I heard something hit the passenger side of my truck. Sure enough when I got home there were 4 small chips in the paint that looks like down to the primer. Bummed me out since I've only had my Ranger for 5 months.

Where can I get some quality touch up paint to match my saber paint? I found some on Amazon but it only has 4 ratings with now actual written reviews. Also how hard is it to apply and still look really good? I've never used touch up paint before. Or am I better off taking it some place and having a professional do it?

Thanks.
I bought my touchup paint at www.touchupzone.com and was very happy with the matchup. Hope this helps..

OP
OP
Augie81

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I bought my touchup paint at www.touchupzone.com and was very happy with the matchup. Hope this helps..
Thanks. I checked out their site. Did you use the bottle with the brush or the pen they sell? Also it says base colors must be clear coated. I take it that is a separate purchase?

Is there any kind of sanding involved? Or is it just clean the blemish with rubbing alcohol and apply?

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR

Thanks.
You should have turned around and got the offender’s info. Anyone cutting grass is responsible for damage done to others properties.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic

Thanks.
Mark, get it from Ford.

OP
OP
Augie81

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
You should have turned around and got the offender’s info. Anyone cutting grass is responsible for damage done to others properties.
It was a state or maybe county mower. I thought about that but figured there was no way I could prove they did it. I was driving along the interstate where they were mowing the grass, heard something hit my truck and it was about 15 minutes before I got home and could look at it. There was no exit ramp for several miles. I mistakenly said highway in my first post but I was on the interstate.

Last edited:

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I checked out their site. Did you use the bottle with the brush or the pen they sell? Also it says base colors must be clear coated. I take it that is a separate purchase?

Is there any kind of sanding involved? Or is it just clean the blemish with rubbing alcohol and apply?
I got the brush and the clearcoat but I didn't brush it on. I put some paint on a piece of cardboard and used a toothpick to apply some amounts at a time until the chip mark was filled. My son showed me how to do it this way being he does this stuff for a living along with dent repair. Take your time, you want to build it up slowly so it doesn't look like a big glob of paint. When you get close mix it with some clearcoat to finish off. Hope this helps some

OP
OP
Augie81

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I got the brush and the clearcoat but I didn't brush it on. I put some paint on a piece of cardboard and used a toothpick to apply some amounts at a time until the chip mark was filled. My son showed me how to do it this way being he does this stuff for a living along with dent repair. Take your time, you want to build it up slowly so it doesn't look like a big glob of paint. When you get close mix it with some clearcoat to finish off. Hope this helps some
Very helpful. I would not have thought to do that. Thanks again.

Taykel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Self Employed
Any ever need any true matching paint. Hit me up. I sell paint that matches the truck. 2 oz cost $10. Just need ur paint number
Sponsored