First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
trim it back to the headers... guaranteed to never get snagged. it kind of looks like a clipped dog tail or the episode when bender cuts off his antenna

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Someone on Facebook cut their tailpipe down to the resonator so I thought I'd do the same to avoid snagging it. What do you guys think?

20200525_191541.jpg
20200525_191457.jpg
20200525_191534.jpg
Nice! No reason why the pipe has to go all the way out behind the wheel!

Chris D Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Occupation
Network Operations Manager
shouldn't get caked with 40 pounds of mud either

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
This may be one of those odd little occurrences with the truck's Australian engineering team handling the design specs. They may have a regulation or law that states that the exhaust must release at the side behind the rear tire or from the the rear of the vehicle.

I can't say about foreign countries but not all US states permit this sort of modification to the exhaust and may require the exhaust pipe to extend to the edge of the vehicle body. Others Like Texas state that the exhaust emissions can only be released from the back, side or top of the vehicle. For trucks as long as the end of the exhaust pipe is past the cab.

Desertranger19

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
I did the same to my exhaust. I installed a straight through Magnaflow in place of the factory muffler and cut my pipe right about where you did yours. I dont like the look of the tail pipe after the tire. but that tip idea isnt bad lol. Adds a little more "style" although no one can really see it much

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
I love that and am so glad you posted it! I've been considering this for a few days and now my mind is made up!!

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I have a ARE shell on and I noticed a little dust coming in the back around the tailgate. Looking for something to seal the tailgate. I think that with a cut off tailpipe I would get exhaust in my shell. ?

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This may be one of those odd little occurrences with the truck's Australian engineering team handling the design specs. They may have a regulation or law that states that the exhaust must release at the side behind the rear tire or from the the rear of the vehicle.

I can't say about foreign countries but not all US states permit this sort of modification to the exhaust and may require the exhaust pipe to extend to the edge of the vehicle body. Others Like Texas state that the exhaust emissions can only be released from the back, side or top of the vehicle. For trucks as long as the end of the exhaust pipe is past the cab.
Yep and for the most part is so it can send emissions outside of the perimeter of the truck. So they don't get inside cab area or any other closed off areas.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I have a ARE shell on and I noticed a little dust coming in the back around the tailgate. Looking for something to seal the tailgate. I think that with a cut off tailpipe I would get exhaust in my shell. ?

My tri-fold tonneau cover came with a small roll of this style weather striping for the tailgate. It does an OK job at it, but there are some really large gaps towards the top that are difficult to seal up completely. It does keep the rain out but a little bit of water makes it past when I take it through the car wash.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I remember back in the day when we would put exhaust dumps out of the mufflers in front of the rear axle. This reminded me of that.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
In Maine, if the truck has a camper or cap on the back, it won't pass state inspection unless the exhaust exits to the rear, or side of the vehicle, behind the rear tire. If its tagged a commercial vehicle, that truck will get towed off by the MDOT.

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Why, what are the advantages? Why would one want to chop it's tail?
For me, its purely looks. I've always ran dual or dumps on my previous pickups. Duals are better for big block v8 (IMO) and dumps are more aesthetically pleasing on smaller trucks.
Sponsored