First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Mil
I have a 2019 Ford Ranger, I read you have to complete your oil change within 10 minutes or the oil pump won't properly prime. Is this true?
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Ford Ranger, I read you have to complete your oil change within 10 minutes or the oil pump won't properly prime. Is this true?
Hi Ben,

I believe this is associated with the ROW Diesel engine. Not the North American 2.3L I change my own oil even with my creaky old 71 year old body crawling under the truck. I was draining the oil when my darling little Wifelet and I had an emergency phone call from our daughter. I came back to the vehicle about 30 minutes later. Wiped the drip at the bottom of the oil pan, put the oil drain plug back and tightened. The a second phone call from the daughter....another half hour...sigh!.

Put in 5+ quarts into the motor as I filled the filter with oil before installing. Cranked up the motor....no problem.... As they say in Australia... "No Worries!"

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering.
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP

Benn

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Mil
Hi Ben,

I believe this is associated with the ROW Diesel engine. Not the North American 2.3L I change my own oil even with my creaky old 71 year old body crawling under the truck. I was draining the oil when my darling little Wifelet and I had an emergency phone call from our daughter. I came back to the vehicle about 30 minutes later. Wiped the drip at the bottom of the oil pan, put the oil drain plug back and tightened. The a second phone call from the daughter....another half hour...sigh!.

Put in 5+ quarts into the motor as I filled the filter with oil before installing. Cranked up the motor....no problem.... As they say in Australia... "No Worries!"

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering.
Ford Motor Co. Retired
That's a relief. Thank you for your response.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Shoot, I'm getting ready to do my 4th oil change on my truck and i have never heard this. I have a 2019 and just about 20k. You should be fine. If anything I just recommend you do it every 5000 and you should be fine.
Sponsored