First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
Check on that X-plan. I'm a life member of the DAV and also eligible for it but when I bought my last two Sport Tracs and more recently my Ranger the dealer had the costs actually a bit lower without it.
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Does it have a tailgate damper? ?
Worth about $1.5k per hp increase, that could be the issue or the door paint was hand mixed by Amazonian Forest Peoples from rare earth materials...?

canigetadollar?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Fun Haver
For some perspective, I purchased mine with 15k miles for $31k. Lariat SuperCrew FX4.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Too high. I paid $32k for my 2019 super crew xlt FX4 brand new.
Same here or close to it. About $32k for a XLT (Non FX4) 4X4 - Pre Corona Craziness Too.....
I like the Baja Rack.
Like the door stickers.
Like the window vents.
Like the hood protector
Needs new wheels

Is it a 4X4? Didn't see that listed in the features.

My advice, if you like it and that is the truck for you:
1. Get it checked by a Mechanic to ensure that it wasn't damaged.
2. Do NOT rely on CarFu*ks - they only tell you about damage reported to Insurance. Ive seen CPO cars that had extensive re-work and paint that never made t to the CarFax report. Also - CarFax showed a vehicle I sold once as having two previous owners because it had been registered in Texas where I lived at the time, and then in Arizona after I moved here.
3. Do your research and KBB that thing. See what they say is fair. Then lowball it and work up. Remember - they have the truck so they are carrying the debt and need the cash flow. You are in power. NOT THEM. Don't hesitate to walk out because it isn't the right car or truck if it isn't at the right price.

OP
OP
Calwilson33

Calwilson33

First Name
CAleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Occupation
Commercial driver (Sherwin Williams)
What would you think the bottom dollar I could swing for a new 2019 XLT? For a 50 mile radius on my current location, it’s the only 2019. I was thinking about starting my price off at 26,000 and working up.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
What would you think the bottom dollar I could swing for a new 2019 XLT? For a 50 mile radius on my current location, it’s the only 2019. I was thinking about starting my price off at 26,000 and working up.
Post a link to the sticker. there should be a LINK ON THE DEALERS SITE. Othern then randomly asking a FORUM TO GUESS i don't think is gonna help you much.

OP
OP
Calwilson33

Calwilson33

First Name
CAleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Occupation
Commercial driver (Sherwin Williams)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Caleb, IMHO if you start at 26K for this truck you're just gonna piss them off, and the sales person won't take you serious enough to even deal with you. 26K is much less than what the dealer paid for the truck. Even though it's a 2019 this truck will draw more than that at the auction. At this point no one knows if there are any incentives from Ford on the 2019 Ranger, and that makes it hard to advise you what offer to make. But, if you want to take a shot at this one my best suggestion would be start at 32K. Even at that price I don't expect you'll see much movement from the dealer, but it would be a more sensible price to start. Good luck.

BTW, if you finance read all the fine print before you sign. Some dealers throw fees, and dealers prep items in after the deal. And, you'll never know because they still hit the monthly payment you agreed on. Many dealers put that in the fine print at the bottom of the vehicles sale page, but I noticed this one didn't. So pay careful attention to that.

Last edited:

cclayton

First Name
Collin Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
there's 1750 from the factory, depending on what you qualify for. It's basically a 2 year old truck, but the dealers have been playing hardball with the rangers from the beginning, because it's such a great truck. I wouldn't touch it for less than 5k off, PLUS whatever factory incentives are avail;able to you. The fact that they still have it, and their site has it at 650 off MSRP suggests they probably like this truck more that you, and want to keep it. Call and ask to talk to their fleet guy, see what he says. don't discuss the truck with anyone but the fleet guy, at first at least. If he's a bag of lies, move on the a few other dealers, you will usually get the best deal from the fleet guy right out of the box.
Sponsored