First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
Just thought I'd get some extra points of view. I have a 2WD and 2.5" leveling kit. I don't think mine came with the crash bars either; unless I was looking in the wrong place. These have really good reviews, but please feel free to chime in about the different sizes and if you have any experience with them. Thank you all!

tires-1.PNG

tires-2.PNG

tires-3.PNG
Sponsored

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
I don’t have 18” wheels, but I put on a set of Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 tires and I am very happy with them (265/65R17). They even have the Three Peak Winter/Snow rating.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Just thought I'd get some extra points of view. I have a 2WD and 2.5" leveling kit. I don't think mine came with the crash bars either; unless I was looking in the wrong place. These have really good reviews, but please feel free to chime in about the different sizes and if you have any experience with them. Thank you all!

tires-1.PNG

tires-2.PNG

tires-3.PNG
I also took a long, hard look at these tires before deciding on Falken Wildpeaks, which will get installed on Friday. The Pirelli Scorpion All-Terrain Plus are well-rated and highly regarded. I have not run this particular model, but I did have Pirelli Scorpion Verde (an all-season variety) on my 2014 Ford Explorer and loved them. Great road feel and all-around performance. You can't go wrong with Pirelli.

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I know this isn’t completely valid review but I had installed these on my last truck, a Ram 1500 4wd. I bought them mainly because they had the 3 peak snow/winter rating. Overall quite impressed. They were quiet, very good in the rain/wet roads, decent on ice considering they weren’t a dedicated winter tire. They balanced out easily and wore even.
25CF2B13-50AB-49B5-B56E-A0FE98AE2933.jpeg

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I don't think mine came with the crash bars either; unless I was looking in the wrong place.
You were looking in the wrong place. All Rangers have the crash bars. :like:

OP
OP
Bproctor

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
You were looking in the wrong place. All Rangers have the crash bars. :like:
Not surprising considering I don't even know what they look like. :frown: Of course, I have to assume.......:cool:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not surprising considering I don't even know what they look like. :frown: Of course, I have to assume.......:cool:
Hi Bruce,

I would like to modify Shea's statement to include North American Rangers, as I understand the ROW Rangers, of which we have some members, do not have crash bars...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I honestly dont know much about the Pirelli tires but I have heard both good and bad and that goes for any tire out there. As for size I woyld suggest going to a 265/65-18 instead of a 275/65-18. I suggest that so you have less chances of rubbing. I myself went with 265/70-17's on my truck. As for what tire to go with I say go with what you prefer. For a 2wd I personally suggest a street tire of sorts but to each thier own.

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
I’m with Frenchy, a street tire of sorts would be better for you. I run the Michelin LTX on my Tundra as it rarely goes off-road. That tire has a 80,000 mile warranty! Works great in the rain and snow and is quiet.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I’m with Frenchy, a street tire of sorts would be better for you. I run the Michelin LTX on my Tundra as it rarely goes off-road. That tire has a 80,000 mile warranty! Works great in the rain and snow and is quiet.
I can't argue that the Michelin LTX is a good tire. My parents ran those for years in Michigan and they loved them. Not sure what happened later but they dont run them anymore.
Sponsored