XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
Great pics! Thanks for sharing those!

You're welcome guys. Lots of neat stuff there. They change aircraft every so often. Most of them are loaned to the museum. I've been there several times.
Sponsored

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
And . . . .

20230624_101730.jpg

I have a number of hours in these which was a decommissioned OH-6. (Civilian Hughes 369, 500.)
My run-ins with these were the AH-6 and MH-6 versions. Incredible little aircraft.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
But wait, there's more . . . . .

20230624_102807.jpg

F-14 Tomcat.
20230624_102838.jpg

WW !! era Hellcat.
20230624_101822.jpg

F-16.
great pictures love seeing the war birds!
the f14 is so bad ass!!
saw a lot of the f16s as a kid grew up near general dynamics and the old carswell afb.

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
great pictures love seeing the war birds!
the f14 is so bad ass!!
saw a lot of the f16s as a kid grew up near general dynamics and the old carswell afb.

You're welcome fellas. I gotta get me one of them Cobras. But they wont sell one to me. I wasn't in the military, but I have many hours as a PIC (pilot in command) in the Bell 47, OH-6 (Hughes 369, 500 now MD 500), Bell 206 Jet Ranger (military called a Kiowa), and Robinson R-44. I gotta tip my hat to you guys that were in the military. All my civilian flight hours I was never shot at, or in a combat situation. Except that one a**hole that shot bottle rockets at me after doing rides at a fair.

Last edited:

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
You're welcome fellas. I gotta get me one of them Cobras. But they wont sell one to me. I wasn't in the military, but I have many hours as a PIC (pilot in command) in the Bell 47, OH-6 (Hughes 369, 500 now MD 500), Bell 206 Jet Ranger (military called a Kiowa), and Robinson R-44. I gotta tip my hat to you guys that were in the military. All my civilian flight I was never shot at, or in a combat situation.
Thanks for sharing. I never get tired of planes and helicopters. As a kid, my Grandpa lived just outside of Fort Rucker. I would sit outside all day and watch Cobras, Hueys and Chinook (for us military folks, shithooks)😁 fly over.

XL GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger STX
Occupation
Civil Engineering Firm
Thanks for sharing. I never get tired of planes and helicopters. As a kid, my Grandpa lived just outside of Fort Rucker. I would sit outside all day and watch Cobras, Hueys and Chinook (for us military folks, shithooks)😁 fly over.

During my first marriage I lived just south of Fort Indiantown Gap, and many, many CH47's (Chinooks) would fly over us. When the Cobra's would fly over, which was rare, the sound was very distinct, and made me run out of the house and look up. Being a civilian pilot, I never got to fly the Cobra's, Chinook's, or the Blackhawk's.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
A couple more pics.

20230624_105350.jpg

Tail end of the F-14 Tomcat.
20230624_103538.jpg

Ford model A with rumble seat. (Good place for the mother-in-law.)
Wow, these have all been great - thanks for posting!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Doing trail work this week on a trail we maintain. This is in the UP of MI. These are hike, bike and ski trails.
6x6blaze134.jpg
blaze0126.jpg
fernsbrt0053.jpg
6x6works0132.jpg
brttable0066.jpg
P1070037.jpg
Thanks Arlyn - these pictures and the others you post really help show how much work goes into maintaining these year-round trail systems. For the average user, the trails seem to be magically ready for our enjoymnt and it might be easy to take them for granted.

For trail users, even if you’re only using the trails that one time, if passes are required, get that one-day pass online, buy the seasonal or annual pass, or stuff the honesty box appropriately.

If it’s a free—to-use trail system, check online for their volunteer days and lend a hand if you can. Can’t swing an axe, operate a chainsaw, or drive a six-wheeler? Maybe be that person who stops at Dunkin or Tim Hortons and shows up with a big box of coffee or a tray of donuts.

And if you ever see someone like Arlyn working on your local trails, take a few seconds to say thanks and tell them how much you really enjoy the trails. 👍

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
I own three. We have another not pictured.
echoforsale944.jpg
I guess you didn't bring one over this time. The on top of 6x6 bed and reaching up kind of catches my eye :)

(I know the feeling, went to cut the natural hedges around horse fence as those were hitting the electric wire. Forgot to bring the hedge trimmer along and had to do whole fence with chainsaw, cutters and "vesuri" (kind of machete))

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
We do trail clearing professionally. 15 years ago we'd go into the field and try doing all jobs in one trip. No longer, because we found that quality, really suffered. Today we concentrate on just one job and come back to do another later.
pole saw Arly.jpg
gorge working box (DL).jpg
boss works0171.jpg
Sponsored