First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
So I just got the Truck back from the Auto Spa where I sent it for a weeks vacation. While there it was washed, paint corrected, had a few hail damage spots taken out, PPF on the front, and then ceramic coated front to back and inside. Figured to get it done before I take a short trip to Alexandria, Louisiana the weekend of the 22nd. I leave on Friday and get back on Sunday. It will be a preview of performance before I take an almost 2 week trip in October that will total 2500 miles.

Since I will follow the same route both ways I plan to use 89 Oct on the way out and 93 on the way back and. Pics of the truck:

tempImage8BOS9r.png

tempImageDVgZcZ.png

tempImage6KrY6Z.png

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Beauty...how much for the complete detailing?

OP
OP
RDJTX

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Demi-God
Beauty...how much for the complete detailing?
the entire job. including 400 for taking the hail dings out was 4800. I went with the god package LOL.

Interesting note on the hail dings. I had no idea they were even there. you couldn't see them in the daylight but when you got them under the brighter lights in the shop you could see them. two, on on the hood and one on the door were obvious and there were 4 or 5 that were tiny but could be seen under their lights. he said putting PPF on top of them would probably make them really show up so I opted to have them fixed

Edited to add: it was in good company, they were doing a Lambo, Mclaren and had a couple of other exotics they were storing for the owners. Most of those had PPF front to rear and ceramic

Last edited:

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Uhhhh.... did you say $4800 ?

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
It looks great. I also have the PPF on the front of my Ranger for the last 4 years. It still looks like new.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
So I just got the Truck back from the Auto Spa where I sent it for a weeks vacation. While there it was washed, paint corrected, had a few hail damage spots taken out, PPF on the front, and then ceramic coated front to back and inside. Figured to get it done before I take a short trip to Alexandria, Louisiana the weekend of the 22nd. I leave on Friday and get back on Sunday. It will be a preview of performance before I take an almost 2 week trip in October that will total 2500 miles.

Since I will follow the same route both ways I plan to use 89 Oct on the way out and 93 on the way back and. Pics of the truck:

tempImage8BOS9r.png

tempImageDVgZcZ.png

tempImage6KrY6Z.png
Love that color.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
I do love that colour and wish it was available here they don't offer any shade of green.

OP
OP
RDJTX

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Demi-God
So here I sit in Alexandria, LA. Left the house yesterday, at 9 actually hit the road about 10. Managed to get 23.8 average mpg for the trip which about 6 hours including a couple of stops on the way. One tank of gas but when I pulled into town I was on my last gallon had to fill up before I did anything else. Was going to use premium on the way home but forgot and filled her up with 89 again. LoL.

more than one comment from the relatives was “I dont really like green on a truck but I do like that”. Another interesting note was we had the ford line very well represented F350, F250, F150 and my Ranger. Told them one of them needed to get a Maverick for next time and we would have the whole family

OP
OP
RDJTX

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Demi-God
and now I am home. didn't take a lot of pics. I topped off the tank on my way out of town. and hit 25.3MPG for a bit. kept it around 75 for most of the way but hit 90 doing some passes on 2 lane roads and hit 80 a couple of times jut because I could. By the time I got home MPG was right at 24.0 for this leg of the trip and a respectable 23.8 over the entire 3 days.

it Poured down rain during a thunder boomer Saturday afternoon so the truck got a wash 2 days early. Tomorrow I take it in to the shop that did the PPF and Ceramic for them to do a wash and inspection to be sure everything is performing as it should. judging by the attached it is looking good on that front. Next planned trip is in late Sept Early Oct to Georgia for my Nephews wedding on Jekyll island

IMG_0280.jpeg

IMG_0279.jpeg
Sponsored