Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
About the same.
Seems pretty low. I get 18.6 in the city and 23.3 on the freeway on regular unleaded. It was better before my level lift and big tires. Not disappointed though with the mods it’s still pretty good.
Sponsored

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I’m getting 21-23 mpg. Saw the video and was wondering what it was before.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
yup haven’t gotten anything higher.
What is your driving style like? Heavy footed or what you would call standard? In stock trim I was getting 21-23mpg at 75mph. City I would get 18-20mpg. If you try to get good mpg and it still sucks then i'd look into it further. Anything is possible so don't write it off.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Seems pretty low. I get 18.6 in the city and 23.3 on the freeway on regular unleaded. It was better before my level lift and big tires. Not disappointed though with the mods it’s still pretty good.
What is your driving style like? Heavy footed or what you would call standard? In stock trim I was getting 21-23mpg at 75mph. City I would get 18-20mpg. If you try to get good mpg and it still sucks then i'd look into it further. Anything is possible so don't write it off.
I’ve gotten about the same mileage in all my trucks with lift and tires. I do a lot of city driving and a short freeway trip. All freeway on my trip to Denver was 15.5 with cruise set to 75. People getting plus 20 gotta be driving slooooooowww ha ha. I don’t drive crazy pretty average.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Love TFL and saw your video the other night. Was nice to see a fellow forum member on the big (small) screen!

PS: I'm averaging almost 21mpg. I generally drive around 65mph with cruise control on the morning commute and stop and go on the way home. (50+miles round trip) :sunglasses:

Deleted member 1634

I’ve gotten about the same mileage in all my trucks with lift and tires. I do a lot of city driving and a short freeway trip. All freeway on my trip to Denver was 15.5 with cruise set to 75. People getting plus 20 gotta be driving slooooooowww ha ha. I don’t drive crazy pretty average.
The general consensus seems to be that actually the majority of us average above 20mpg combined. I think multiple threads on this forum has proved that it is certainly possible to even get well over the rated mpg. I personally have many times (my personal best is 28mpg on a tank). But some people will never come close based on so many things. Type/style of driving is one which is controllable and very subjective. One persons conservative driving style, is another persons aggressive style. And we as society have definitely trended towards more aggressive driving being the normal/average. But other variables like altitude, terrain, speeds, environment, etc. are all things people can't change. And the mods certainly don't help. Some of us are lucky enough to live in places where we can get amazing gas mileage, myself included. Others are pure out of luck.

dceggert

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302a, Trailer Tow, Technology Package, FX4 in black and a 2017 Fusion Platinum also in black
Occupation
You would not believe it if I told you
I’m getting 21-23 mpg. Saw the video and was wondering what it was before.
Yea, mine too. Last time I checked it was reading 21.5 city/highway combo driving through rush hour back and forth to work/school.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
The general consensus seems to be that actually the majority of us average above 20mpg combined. I think multiple threads on this forum has proved that it is certainly possible to even get well over the rated mpg. I personally have many times (my personal best is 28mpg on a tank). But some people will never come close based on so many things. Type/style of driving is one which is controllable and very subjective. One persons conservative driving style, is another persons aggressive style. And we as society have definitely trended towards more aggressive driving being the normal/average. But other variables like altitude, terrain, speeds, environment, etc. are all things people can't change. And the mods certainly don't help. Some of us are lucky enough to live in places where we can get amazing gas mileage, myself included. Others are pure out of luck.
I think it's the lift + big tires...can't get something for nothing...not to mention many of us modified trucks are also considerably heavier...heck I'm probably carrying at least 400 pounds with what's in my bed + Diamondback + RTT racks + 33" tires + rock sliders + lights + lights + lights:)

Probably the greatest hit comes from the leveling which exposes more of the bottom to air stream + no air dam...but 18 city and 22-23 highway is not bad considering (running 87 octane)...

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Aren't you driving in a lot of elevation changes? That right there will kill your mileage. I know when we go up north with an elevation change from 1000'-5000' I'm averaging 18 mpg on the highway at around 75 mph. Now coming back home I'm back up to my normal 21-22 mpg and even a little more if I can keep off the pedal. The lift will kill your mileage being higher up and more front end drag (you changed the rake) along with the bigger tires with more rotating mass and if you add spacers now the tires are sticking out adding more drag. That's one reason I only went up to the 265/70/17's and kept the stock wheels.:)

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
Aren't you driving in a lot of elevation changes? That right there will kill your mileage. I know when we go up north with an elevation change from 1000'-5000' I'm averaging 18 mpg on the highway at around 75 mph. Now coming back home I'm back up to my normal 21-22 mpg and even a little more if I can keep off the pedal. The lift will kill your mileage being higher up and more front end drag (you changed the rake) along with the bigger tires with more rotating mass and if you add spacers now the tires are sticking out adding more drag. That's one reason I only went up to the 265/70/17's and kept the stock wheels.:)
ya elevation could play a little role but it’s not like I’m up driving up and down mountains or hills. Albuquerque is over 5000 feet fairly flat driving in town.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Posted the video in my build thread but thought I’d post it here too! Did this a few weeks with TFL. Got to meet everyone and they were super friendly. If you haven’t watched there videos before check them out.

I watch this in youtube when I was searching for truck to buy, I got a 2020 Ranger XLT with FX4 , we love it. Took it to Salton Sea and a 4x4 Trail here in SoCal.

Screenshot_20200522-010610_Gallery.jpg

20200523_133941.jpg

20200503_170037.jpg

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
I watch this in youtube when I was searching for truck to buy, I got a 2020 Ranger XLT with FX4 , we love it. Took it to Salton Sea and a 4x4 Trail here in SoCal.

Screenshot_20200522-010610_Gallery.jpg

20200523_133941.jpg

20200503_170037.jpg
awesome congrats
Sponsored