TFL Got Em a 5G.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
They bought it Brighton Ford. They definitely paid too much.
Well I bought there and didn't overpay - but agree 100% with your comment as it applies to the TFL guys, Brighton probably was prepared, saw them coming a mile away and simply switched the window sticker from $32k to the flip side of $37k , wish my sales were that easy when I carried a bag.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Total Fools on the Loose and no I'm not planning on watching the video, too busy watching Barnaby Jones reruns this am.
Damn..and I posted this exclusively for Your personal enjoyment. Admins could we delete this failed thread please.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn..and I posted this exclusively for Your personal enjoyment. Admins could we delete this failed thread please.
Correct me if I'm wrong but way back in 2019 the tfl guys- like a number of auto reviewers didn't think the Ranger could hold its own vs the mighty tacoma, now they are singing a different tune. Have not watched them in yrs but when I did back around 2013 they openly admitted to being biased favorably towards makes that they were supplied free test models, recall them gushing over Subaru forester that was supplied free and the Subaru rep that wined and dined them. I give them credit for where there are today, but obviously not a fan . And also they themselves often engage in buffonery and trivial banter at least they used to

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
HAHAHA small world... that dealership is exactly where I got my ranger lol.
Well I bought there and didn't overpay - but agree 100% with your comment as it applies to the TFL guys, Brighton probably was prepared, saw them coming a mile away and simply switched the window sticker from $32k to the flip side of $37k , wish my sales were that easy when I carried a bag.
I like Brighton Ford. Their service department has been great to me. But I've tried to buy multiple vehicles there and they never want to make a deal.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like Brighton Ford. Their service department has been great to me. But I've tried to buy multiple vehicles there and they never want to make a deal.
I believe that they have a lot of local loyal satisfied customers who dont shop them for the best deal. I was astounded yrs back when shopping for a Honda and went to john Elway at federal and 104th, got a quote significantly higher than other dealers, sales guy won't budge as I was leaving I asked if customers paid more because of the name, he broadly grinned and said you wouldnt believe me if I told you how many do. Now if russell wilson ever gets into the car biz would be the opposite.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Correct me if I'm wrong but way back in 2019 the tfl guys- like a number of auto reviewers didn't think the Ranger could hold its own vs the mighty tacoma, now they are singing a different tune. Have not watched them in yrs but when I did back around 2013 they openly admitted to being biased favorably towards makes that they were supplied free test models, recall them gushing over Subaru forester that was supplied free and the Subaru rep that wined and dined them. I give them credit for where there are today, but obviously not a fan . And also they themselves often engage in buffonery and trivial banter at least they used to
I think TFL is basically just for entertainment, not real in depth information or reviews. As such, whoever sponsors them will get preferential "reviews".

I started watching them when the Ranger was new but quickly tired of the same old. Occasionally I will watch one of their videos that seem entertaining - but those are pretty few and far between for me.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I believe that they have a lot of local loyal satisfied customers who dont shop them for the best deal. I was astounded yrs back when shopping for a Honda and went to john Elway at federal and 104th, got a quote significantly higher than other dealers, sales guy won't budge as I was leaving I asked if customers paid more because of the name, he broadly grinned and said you wouldnt believe me if I told you how many do. Now if russell wilson ever gets into the car biz would be the opposite.
Well, I've lived in Brighton for over 15 years, pretty sure I'm local.

Most of their sales seem to be fleet sales. Halliburton paid for their recent remodel with all the white Super Duties they've bought there.

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t remember them being overly critical on the Ranger back then but who knows. I just shared some Ranger content man.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I've lived in Brighton for over 15 years, pretty sure I'm local.

Most of their sales seem to be fleet sales. Halliburton paid for their recent remodel with all the white Super Duties they've bought there.
I was outside for my entire transaction due to covid , about 45 mins, the service dept was super busy and saw many customers on a 1st name basis chatting with employees, all seemed happy, I think if a dealership provides good honest service they retain customers,and make money, you probably know more about their fleet sales, they did seem to have a good sized inventory. Originally I was using several sites like true car, autobytel , Kbb and got nowhere with the dealerships that used them, then came upon an internet deal at Brighton and got the loaded lariat for $34k, it was a demo with 700 odo miles and I had to use ford finances for the incentives, as I said I was lucky and not picky on color and the chrome package was ok with me.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t remember them being overly critical on the Ranger back then but who knows. I just shared some Ranger content man.
Didn't know if my often frequently sarcastic/whacko posts offended you , not my intent just trying to honor the legacy of the dancing banana while flying under the radar.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
Well, I would agree that the Hankooks are junk in the snow. As for the TFL guys, they tend to be pretty hard on Fords, though back when they came out they were sweet on the rangers especially Andrei and Nathan.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I was outside for my entire transaction due to covid , about 45 mins, the service dept was super busy and saw many customers on a 1st name basis chatting with employees, all seemed happy, I think if a dealership provides good honest service they retain customers,and make money, you probably know more about their fleet sales, they did seem to have a good sized inventory. Originally I was using several sites like true car, autobytel , Kbb and got nowhere with the dealerships that used them, then came upon an internet deal at Brighton and got the loaded lariat for $34k, it was a demo with 700 odo miles and I had to use ford finances for the incentives, as I said I was lucky and not picky on color and the chrome package was ok with me.
Yeah, I've tried them for three new Ford purchases. They've never come close to touching prices I can find with just a 30 minute drive.

I bought in Dec 2020, probably just 6 months or so after you from the sounds of it. They wouldn't come off MSRP. I was Xplan eligible, but why go through the trouble when neighboring dealerships were advertising better than Xplan prices?

Perhaps my downfall has been dealing with their regular salesmen. Being so close, I usually stroll in. Whereas my shopping at other dealerships is mostly online now.

I'll continue to give them a try when I'm shopping.
Sponsored