Tesla Model S 'Spontaneously' Catches Fire, Requires 6,000 Gallons Of Water To Extinguish

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
No worries about the water used to quell the battery fire, it will all wash into the soil where minerals that are components in batteries like lithium, maganese and zinc are also components in fertilizer, so the ecosystem will benefit.

Saw in the news this am that all states which draw water from the Colorado river with the exception of CA have agreed to reduced usage levels, maybe CA balked because they have the most EVs and therefore will need the most water to battle battery blazes - being a bit alliterative here.
Sponsored

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
No worries about the water used to quell the battery fire, it will all wash into the soil where minerals that are components in batteries like lithium, maganese and zinc are also components in fertilizer, so the ecosystem will benefit.

Saw in the news this am that all states which draw water from the Colorado river with the exception of CA have agreed to reduced usage levels, maybe CA balked because they have the most EVs and therefore will need the most water to battle battery blazes - being a bit alliterative here.
Funny!

Back when the Colorado River compact was signed, CA got 50% of the flow with the rest split up among the other states.

Since ~ 1960, the river never makes it the the Gulf of California. It simply dries out in the desert 50 miles before the ocean. It only reaches the ocean when the government recharges the delta area every now and then.

I think population growth in the west served by the Colorado river has reached its peak.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Funny!

Back when the Colorado River compact was signed, CA got 50% of the flow with the rest split up among the other states.

Since ~ 1960, the river never makes it the the Gulf of California. It simply dries out in the desert 50 miles before the ocean. It only reaches the ocean when the government recharges the delta area every now and then.

I think population growth in the west served by the Colorado river has reached its peak.
Might be slowed but I'm doubtful that it's peaked , between 70 and 80% of Colorado River water is used for agriculture, in CO farmers have been selling water rights to developers as it's more profitable than farming. Developers seem to get their way most of the time. Produce prices are sure to rise even more if CA is forced to cut back water usage.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
This will happen to batteries also... I'm going to die on this hill.. :LOL: ?

1675363516491.png

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
i bet that sucker causes all sorts of health problems... we think smart phones are bad for us just wait lol. she looks constipated.
No kidding! What could possibly go wrong driving over all that? :rolleyes::shock:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
No kidding! What could possibly go wrong driving over all that? :rolleyes::shock:
I'd like to see what happens when one of these girls that looks like she stuck her face in a tackle box drives over one and they start to heat up :devil:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'd like to see what happens when one of these girls that looks like she stuck her face in a tackle box drives over one and they start to heat up :devil:
I'm cringing thinking of how bad all those piercings (that we can't see :wink:) are going to hurt?:shock: :oops:

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
i bet that sucker causes all sorts of health problems... we think smart phones are bad for us just wait lol. she looks constipated.
I can see people laying their I phones on the road to charge them ⚡⚡⚡. 5 seconds to a full charge o_O then poof ?

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5