First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Towing just under a 3k lbs single axle trailer with my SCAB FX4 and with my SCREW Tremor I see right at .75" of squat.
Any idea what the tongue weight is? That's where the "squat" comes from, not the total trailer weight.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Any idea what the tongue weight is? That's where the "squat" comes from, not the total trailer weight.
Correct which is why I mentioned the single axle making it a true fulcrum.
Having muscled it a bit, I'd guess between 200-250 lbs and it hangs from a drop drawbar which sticks out about 8" from the bumper.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Correct which is why I mentioned the single axle making it a true fulcrum.
Having muscled it a bit, I'd guess between 200-250 lbs and it hangs from a drop drawbar which sticks out about 8" from the bumper.
Sounds a little light. Minimum should be 10% of trailer weight. More is better, within reason of course.

I saw a fella merge onto the interstate (right beside, then behind us) pulling a huge travel trailer in a snow storm. 6 lane dividied highway and he headed across two lanes for the fast lane (aka douche bag move). When he got to the fast lane and corrected his steering back straight, the trailer pushed the back end of the pickup right into the concrete barrier, and then proceeded to wad the entire rig into a mangled mess. It was a beautiful clean rig, I am betting the guy had just bought it (clean truck and trailer, in the midst of a snow storm).

Ever since then I've been a bit over cautious about tongue weight... and have followed the "more tongue weight is better" philosophy.

2019 Ranger Owners Manual Page 218 - Trailer Towing.jpg

Last edited:

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Sounds a little light. Minimum should be 10% of trailer weight. More is better, within reason of course.

I saw a fella merge onto the interstate (right beside, then behind us) pulling a huge travel trailer in a snow storm. 6 lane dividied highway and he headed across two lanes for the fast lane (aka douche bag move). When he got to the fast lane and corrected his steering back straight, the trailer pushed the back end of the pickup right into the concrete barrier, and then proceeded to wad the entire rig into a mangled mess. It was a beautiful clean rig, I am betting the guy had just bought it (clean truck and trailer, in the midst of a snow storm).

Ever since then I've been a bit over cautious about tongue weight... and have followed the "more tongue weight is better" philosophy.

2019 Ranger Owners Manual Page 218 - Trailer Towing.jpg
Total weight is about 2700 lbs so 270 lbs. Reason I think it's lighter is because of the outboard motor sticking way off the back which is a pretty good counter balance. There is plenty of weight though. No bouncing and I've had it up to TN and way down in the Keys on a Subaru Outback. Can hardly tell it's there on the Ranger.
Sponsored