Sync hi-jacking

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Doesn't it ask each time you plug in to allow access to data on the phone? Mine does, but I'm wondering if you say no to the second phone if it will still hi-jack....
When my wife plugs her phone into the front jacks and it asks, she declines and it doesn't hijack control.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bbenea

bbenea

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't it ask each time you plug in to allow access to data on the phone? Mine does, but I'm wondering if you say no to the second phone if it will still hi-jack....
It may have asked the first time but it doesn't anymore.

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Try going to the apple carplay settings and changing the permissions allowed for her phone. This should be available in the sync 3 settings.

Nspencer01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4. Black w/ sport appearance pack
Occupation
Construction Project Coordinator
So is there anyway to prevent Sync from being hi-jacked by someone plugging into the second USB port? I will have my iPhone plugged into port 1, cruising along fat, dumb and happy, and then my wife will decide she needs some electrons and plugs into the second port. Her phone will then take over everything and ignore mine. My phone is the primary phone in this truck. The only solution I have found so far is to have her plug into the rear USB port...
Had this same issue with personal and work iPhones. There is an option within the carplay settings on the iPhone to ignore the connection to the sync system when it’s recognized and in my situation only charged the second connected phone

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Yep. It has 2 pins cut. It's more for security when plugging into unknown charging setups. But it should work for this purpose too
Nice! I'll definitely be picking one of those up for work/travel.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
So is there anyway to prevent Sync from being hi-jacked by someone plugging into the second USB port? I will have my iPhone plugged into port 1, cruising along fat, dumb and happy, and then my wife will decide she needs some electrons and plugs into the second port. Her phone will then take over everything and ignore mine. My phone is the primary phone in this truck. The only solution I have found so far is to have her plug into the rear USB port...
You let your wife ride in the front seat? :giggle: