Switchback Parking Lamps and Raptor lights as DRL.

RangerFitz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx2
Occupation
Danger
I finally broke down and ordered a cable to use forscan. One of the first things I wanted to do was to use my parking lamps and raptor lights as DRLs instead of low beams. Here are the changes I made in BCM:

1. Allowed DRL options setting to All Options,

2. Set the Daytime Running lights Includes Parking lamps setting to Enabled (probably could have skipped this step)

3. Set the DRL Configuration setting to Parking Lamp.

This had the added bonus of running my switchback lights Orange. Normally when I just have my parking lights on they illuminate white. Thanks!

20221231_150151.jpg

I also unlocked Bambi mode:

20230101_112337.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I finally broke down and ordered a cable to use forscan. One of the first things I wanted to do was to use my parking lamps and raptor lights as DRLs instead of low beams. Here are the changes I made in BCM:

2. Set the Daytime Running lights Includes Parking lamps setting to Enabled (probably could have skipped this step)

This had the added bonus of running my switchback lights Orange. Normally when I just have my parking lights on they illuminate white. Thanks!

20221231_150151.jpg
Interesting, I wonder if have both the parking lamps set as DRL and included with DRL are causing them to be amber. What color are your turn signals?

I have my DRLs set as my fog lights and my parking lights included. My switchbacks are white normally and amber for turns.

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
Interesting, I wonder if have both the parking lamps set as DRL and included with DRL are causing them to be amber. What color are your turn signals?

I have my DRLs set as my fog lights and my parking lights included. My switchbacks are white normally and amber for turns.
They are always amber, they don't change color depending on the settings.

I've got mine wired the same way, but no Raptor lights; I've got the fog lights and parking lamps set to always on. Looks awesome!

OP
OP
RangerFitz

RangerFitz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx2
Occupation
Danger

Turn signals are amber. Parking lamps are white when headlights are on. Parking lamps are white when Parking lights on. Parking lamps are amber when drls are on. Just what I wanted!

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They are always amber, they don't change color depending on the settings.

I've got mine wired the same way, but no Raptor lights; I've got the fog lights and parking lamps set to always on. Looks awesome!
Did you switch your bulbs out to switchback or are you running the stock amber turn/parking bulbs?

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC

20221231_150151.jpg
Hey thanks for posting that forscan DRL settings, I've tried a couple times to get the park lights as DRL's and continually get the blue bar to 98% and message box that says not completed or changes failed, will give this way a try.

OP
OP
RangerFitz

RangerFitz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx2
Occupation
Danger
Did you switch your bulbs out to switchback or are you running the stock amber turn/parking bulbs?
I am running auxito switchbacks in the parking lamps.

Here's how they look with the headlights lights on:

20220624_131049.jpg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am running auxito switchbacks in the parking lamps.

Here's how they look with the headlights lights on:

20220624_131049.jpg
I was asking @ReigleCM if he switched out his bulbs. He made is sound like his stayed amber all the time.

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
I was asking @ReigleCM if he switched out his bulbs. He made is sound like his stayed amber all the time.
Yeah mine are ways amber even with the headlights on. Never switched bulbs just the settings in ForScan
Sponsored