First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Retired
Hi Paul. I believe I had the Suntek Dyed Charcoal Tint-Standard Pro or Standard Series.
I saw where the tint installer said he had a couple tint jobs come back. For now I'll keep using the Covercraft shade I had previously purchased. Thanks for the info!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Hi Paul. I believe I had the Suntek Dyed Charcoal Tint-Standard Pro or Standard Series.
I saw where the tint installer said he had a couple tint jobs come back. For now I'll keep using the Covercraft shade I had previously purchased. Thanks for the info!
Thanks for the update Robert.
I am going to check the temperature between the Sun Shield and the windshield after it sets several hours on the next few hot days to see where it's at.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I am going to check the temperature between the Sun Shield and the windshield after it sets several hours on the next few hot days to see where it's at.
We have a parking pass that is similar to a credit card. Often takes on new shapes after sitting in the sun between the shade and front window.

• Wow
Reactions: R_B

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
We have a parking pass that is similar to a credit card. Often takes on new shapes after sitting in the sun between the shade and front window.
Sounds like a case of heat stroke :)

R_B

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Retired
Help!
melting.gif

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Robert, I found a work around for the foil sunshade touching the 5" windshield tint strip across the top. When I attach the sunshade, instead of letting it touch the strip, I let the top of the sunshade rest against the sun visors and adjust them out to where the sunshade is 3-5" away from the windshield tint. Hopefully this will prevent any sun damage to the tint strip! :like:

Sunshade protect  (left).jpg

Sunshade protect (right).jpg

R_B

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Retired
Robert, I found a work around for the foil sunshade touching the 5" windshield tint strip across the top. When I attach the sunshade, instead of letting it touch the strip, I let the top of the sunshade rest against the sun visors and adjust them out to where the sunshade is 3-5" away from the windshield tint. Hopefully this will prevent any sun damage to the tint strip! :like:

Sunshade protect  (left).jpg

Hi Paul. That has got to help some. I had my sunscreen mashed up against the windows with a empty box in the old Ranger when it bubbled. I could not see the tint at the top of your windshield. Is it that mostly clear ceramic tint?
Another thing I notice is after returning to my truck after a 30 or more minute trip inside a store, my Aukey dashcam videos look a little fuzzy during playback on my computer. After it cools down, the clarity is back. Oh, the heat is really on this week too!

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I’m really surprised no one bought the dealership cover craft with it saying “Ranger” across the middle. It looks amazing.. I have it but it’s sitting around since the pro cal unit doesn’t allow a sun cover and I’m not taking it on and off every drive..

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Robert,
It is a standard 20% tint, don't know if it is ceramic? You can see part of the windshield tint in the dash cover photo below...don't know why it didn't show in the other photos? Don't have a dash cam, but I heard they are a useful item. 100 here yesterday and climbing :frown: :)

Dash Cover 3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: R_B

R_B

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Retired
Robert,
It is a standard 20% tint, don't know if it is ceramic? You can see part of the windshield tint in the dash cover photo below...don't know why it didn't show in the other photos? Don't have a dash cam, but I heard they are a useful item. 100 here yesterday and climbing :frown: :)

Dash Cover 3.jpg
Now I can see the tint! Oh, and nice dash cover. It looks marvelous!

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Now I can see the tint! Oh, and nice dash cover. It looks marvelous!
The ceramic tint is amazing, I can show you what it looks like if interested via pictures tomorrow on my drive. Although, if it's illegal in your state to tint windshields, it definitely makes the cabin light visibility noticeably dark. Which, in turn makes it noticeable by law enforcement. I just roll down my windows to let light inside so the windshield tint is less apparent. I am almost certain most people can't see facial features in my car through their rearview mirror.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Whoever’s interested, this is what ceramic tint on the windshield looks like. I can take better pictures if someone requests, kinda did this real quick. Tried to find some pictures of the front with sun coming through so you can see what someone in front of me sees in the rear view mirror as well. More than likely nothing, if I don’t have the windows down. I like it off-roading more than anything else when the suns right in your windshield.
D19DAD18-A7F9-496F-B3A0-522D18636FC9.jpeg
CFD2AE9C-867C-4F3E-8003-5613E61548AE.jpeg
0EF43DC8-06B8-469E-8349-1B521E39D464.jpeg

AZ Tremor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor Lariat
I’m really surprised no one bought the dealership cover craft with it saying “Ranger” across the middle. It looks amazing.. I have it but it’s sitting around since the pro cal unit doesn’t allow a sun cover and I’m not taking it on and off every drive..
I got one. Fits perfect. Can’t live without one here in the desert.
Sponsored