Sun shade that fits?

BlueXLT

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
I have to confess I haven't had to buy one of these in forever. I have an XLT with the camera for the safety features and non of my old ones seem to fit right (they are all one piece). The camera sits too far down the windshield. What is everyone using these days?
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I have to confess I haven't had to buy one of these in forever. I have an XLT with the camera for the safety features and non of my old ones seem to fit right (they are all one piece). The camera sits too far down the windshield. What is everyone using these days?
I use the OEM version...or I did...it doesn't fit with my dash full of stuff...want to buy it? It's only been used like twice...

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Sid,
I bought this sunshade from Amazon last year. I have a Garmin GPS mount on my windshield which does not effect the sunshade in the least. It fits perfectly. I need good sun protection living in a hot dry desert climate.

Here is my review posted on Amazon (you can see it if you use the link below):
"This sunshield is sturdy and made with quality materials. It is thick which provides good insulation from the heat of the Sun. Importantly, it is stiff and firm because the Ranger has a long sloping windshield and this prevents sagging. I have owned sagging, floppy sunshades before and they are worthless. Perfect fit. Also, the seller responds to inquiries promptly. This item was shipped quickly and arrived much sooner than I expected." Amazon.com: AutoTech Zone Sunshade for 2019-2021 Ford Ranger, Custom-fit Windshield Sun Shade: Automotive

With Sunshade #!.jpg

With Sunshade #2.jpg

Last edited:

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Heatshield.

I discovered them a few years ago and have never bought another brand. They have very, very accurately fitting pieces and nice, thick insulation in the shield. Rolls up small and i just place it right behind my seat. My XLT has it, the CRV has it, they made a custom set for my 87 and our travel camper, and even my Dad's motorhome and 69 Vette, plus his RAM one fits smoothly as well.

IMG_20200415_125025.jpg

IMG_20200415_125034.jpg

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I use the one from my 2016 Mustang... fits good enough. Not going to buy another.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Heatshield.

I discovered them a few years ago and have never bought another brand. They have very, very accurately fitting pieces and nice, thick insulation in the shield. Rolls up small and i just place it right behind my seat. My XLT has it, the CRV has it, they made a custom set for my 87 and our travel camper, and even my Dad's motorhome and 69 Vette, plus his RAM one fits smoothly as well.

IMG_20200415_125025.jpg

IMG_20200415_125034.jpg

I've been using this brand for years. By far one of the best auto sunshades out there. They do make a huge difference in the interior temps especially when it's 100F + outside.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Last edited:

Eskram

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a Powerboost Hybrid
Maybe not what you're looking for, but I had my windshield tinted with Llumar Air 80. Makes a huge difference in heat rejection in the Florida sun.

It's not as dark in person as it appears in that picture though. If you didn't know it was there, youd likely never notice either.

BDE87FA5-1844-4285-9422-D8FF42BC2109.jpeg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maybe not what you're looking for, but I had my windshield tinted with Llumar Air 80. Makes a huge difference in heat rejection in the Florida sun.

It's not as dark in person as it appears in that picture though. If you didn't know it was there, youd likely never notice either.

BDE87FA5-1844-4285-9422-D8FF42BC2109.jpeg
I like this idea and and the way it looks and was going to tint my windshield also. But decided to go with a 5" tint strip on the top edge after learning that this is the legal limit for tinting in my state.

Eskram

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a Powerboost Hybrid
It's technically not legal to do, however, I've had a tinted windshield on the last four vehicles I've owned, plus two of my wife's cars - all with Air 80. Never had an issue with police, and we also do not have vehicle inspections, so no risk there either.

Pretty much every car/truck in FL is tinted anyway - Police generally pay no mind, unless they're looking for a reason to pull you over, or you really stand out for some reason. Even then, it's a 'fix-it' ticket, and you just pay a fine, don't fix it, and live your life.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's technically not legal to do, however, I've had a tinted windshield on the last four vehicles I've owned, plus two of my wife's cars - all with Air 80. Never had an issue with police, and we also do not have vehicle inspections, so no risk there either.

Pretty much every car/truck in FL is tinted anyway - Police generally pay no mind, unless they're looking for a reason to pull you over, or you really stand out for some reason. Even then, it's a 'fix-it' ticket, and you just pay a fine, don't fix it, and live your life.
Lots of fully tinted windshields here too. The tint guy from the dealership has his own truck that way and does a lot of other vehicles the same. Has not heard of any problems. Probably would never be an issue...except for people who lean toward the conservative side :LOL:
Sponsored