First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Automotive Interior Repair
Those pops!! Yeesh! Incredibly loud but sounds good imo.
Yeah I’m not mad at it. Once I pull the quarter mile record and gap it enough to where I can relax I’ll tame it down a little.

spicydaddy

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Breakbulk and RO/RO port management
Vehicle Showcase
I like it. Can’t wait to hear some driving clips.

DMVRanger

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL 2WD
Occupation
Server
I will take some ASAP.
So as someone with absolutely zero knowledge on modifying mufflers or anything related, how difficult was this to achieve and roughly how expensive? Also is it fully emissions legal ? This is by far the best sounding engine note I’ve heard out of our little 4cl even though I understand where people are coming from with the civic comparison. Personally I think we’ll, it’s a midsized truck with a 4cl engine and a tune... might as well make it sound like it can scream down the road!

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Keep up the good work! Someone that actually goes out and just gets things done is nice to have around here.

As far as sound. :puke: Sorry but its true. Just my opinion.
I went through this when I was looking at focus st and the rs. They all have the exhaust manifold built into the cyl head and all sound like complete rice unless you go very subtle on the exhaust.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Keep up the good work! Someone that actually goes out and just gets things done is nice to have around here.

As far as sound. :puke: Sorry but its true. Just my opinion.
I went through this when I was looking at focus st and the rs. They all have the exhaust manifold built into the cyl head and all sound like complete rice unless you go very subtle on the exhaust.
Yup. I was a two time Focus ST owner.

OP
OP
Sulli

Sulli

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
So as someone with absolutely zero knowledge on modifying mufflers or anything related, how difficult was this to achieve and roughly how expensive? Also is it fully emissions legal ? This is by far the best sounding engine note I’ve heard out of our little 4cl even though I understand where people are coming from with the civic comparison. Personally I think we’ll, it’s a midsized truck with a 4cl engine and a tune... might as well make it sound like it can scream down the road!
Im running the AFE catless downpipe and the AFE muffler delete. I did the labor so just parts was around 7-800 bucks. Purely done for performance reasons.

definitely not smog legal, but I won’t even own the truck when it’s time for a smog. I had to have the downpipe sent to a friend in Illinois and then have her mail it to me in Sacramento.

As far as sound it’s for sure the loudest/most aggressive option. Dudes comparing this to a Honda just aren’t in the world of cars as much as they think.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Sounds a lot like my father-in-law's 1972 Ford 4000 diesel tractor.

Pic for reference.
1975-Ford-4000-Tractor-With-Front-End-Loader-001.jpg

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I want to see dyno numbers an quarter mile times! For me that's too loud for a daily driver but my Harley might drown it out!

OP
OP
Sulli

Sulli

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation