First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just found this was flipping through my Flipboard app.

I thought this was a very accurate review of the Ranger and would suggest if your looking around here thinking of buying check this out. This person understands truck’s.

https://driving.ca/ford/ranger/reviews/road-test/pickup-review-2019-ford-ranger
Very good video! She summed it up perfect when she said "full size pickups have become TFB" and also "You're paying to get exactly what you want" I wouldn't care if the F150 was the exact same price I wold still buy a Ranger as it suits my needs better.

NMBruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lexus GX470
Occupation
Retired Air Traffic Controller
she does a good job

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Really like that she isn't trying to rank it relative to the competitors. She simply gives her assessment of what she likes and what she doesn't, and leaves the subjective overall judgement call to the viewer.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Somebody did blink, and called it the Ranger

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Motor week on TV today had comparison of 4 mid size trucks(Taco didnt show up) Ranger came in second behind Ridgeline. They liked the torque of the 2.3 EB

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When it comes to reviews, my truck is a Red-headed Stepchild.
But that's OK, I like my own opinion best anyway!:giggle:

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
A review that recognizes that small trucks aren't cheap, just smaller and big trucks are too damn big. All true.

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat FX4
Very nice review! I agree with her assessment. I test drove an STX FX4 F150 that was 3K cheaper after negotiations than what I ended up paying for my Ranger Lariat FX4 and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I got everything I wanted and more than I needed in the Ranger.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice review! I agree with her assessment. I test drove an STX FX4 F150 that was 3K cheaper after negotiations than what I ended up paying for my Ranger Lariat FX4 and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I got everything I wanted and more than I needed in the Ranger.
If you had priced a Ranger STX FX4... the Ranger would have been 6-$10,000 cheaper than the F-150

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you had priced a Ranger STX FX4... the Ranger would have been 6-$10,000 cheaper than the F-150
Yes but I got the nicest Ranger for only slightly more than a stripped down F150.

Also, the dealer only had XLT and Lariat Rangers on the lot. I got the Ranger with the most options on the lot and got it for nearly 7K less than sticker. Sticker for sticker the F150 STX FX4 and Ranger Lariat FX4 were nearly identical.

I like F150s but I love my Ranger and I'm glad I went that route. Either way you can't really make a bad choice, both are built Ford Tough. :rockon:

OP
OP
John Lyman

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
i started at the F150’s but the December deals made my XLTa much better deal then the stripped F150. However after driving the F150 I felt it was too big for my needs love my Ranger perfect size.

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i started at the F150’s but the December deals made my XLTa much better deal then the stripped F150. However after driving the F150 I felt it was too big for my needs love my Ranger perfect size.
This was similar to my experience.

Although I originally wanted a Ranger since I already owned one and I've owned several Explorers. They were going to make me a killer deal on the F150 (about 12k off sticker) because it was a service loaner with 2500 miles and aged inventory and black Friday incentives. It was too big for me but I thought I would learn to live with it and it was my second favorite color.

However, things changed when we got to financing and realized that particular F150 didn't qualify for 0% financing (my salesman got confused). Some quick math and we realized I could get a nicer Lariat Ranger for the same money when interest was included as the Lariat Rangers qualified for 0% financing.

I picked out two Lariat Rangers and got the numbers then went home to mull over my decision overnight. I ended up getting the "nicer" of the two Rangers and as a bonus it was my favorite color (platinum white).

6,000 miles later and I couldn't be happier with my decision to go with the Ranger. I ended up with the nicest vehicle I've ever owned and it fits my needs perfectly and I didn't have to compromise on anything like I would have been doing on that particular F150.

I'm looking forward to a long relationship with this Ranger. My last one had over 300k when I traded it in on this one.
Sponsored