Speedometer Calibration

MJL88

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
So I’ve been looking at getting bigger tires and would like to have my speedometer calibrated after. Unfortunately my local dealership said they don’t do that. How did you guys go about it if you did? I’ve heard that you can do it with ForScan but I honestly don’t know anything about that. ??‍♂
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I did mine through my tune. I don't know much about Forscan but I believe you can do it through it. Rick @Trigganometry would know so when he sees this he'll be able to confirm it.

OP
OP
MJL88

MJL88

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
I did mine through my tune. I don't know much about Forscan but I believe you can do it through it. Rick @Trigganometry would know so when he sees this he'll be able to confirm it.
This is the first vehicle I’ve had that I’ve really done any modifications to so I’m kinda learning as I go and haven’t even started delving into tunes or forscan. All seems like Chinese to me right now. ?

Appreciate the response!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
There is this thread but I didn’t dig that deep into the posts on this. I think with Forscan it’s a little tricky. If you do throw a code from doing it wrong it’s difficult to reset. In this case it does sound like a tuner module is the better alternative for doing this.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-speedo-calibration-for-larger-tires.4200/

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This is the first vehicle I’ve had that I’ve really done any modifications to so I’m kinda learning as I go and haven’t even started delving into tunes or forscan. All seems like Chinese to me right now. ?

Appreciate the response!
It all was to me too. I never knew I needed to replace perfectly good tires until I joined this site. :facepalm: There's even an old post I made where I swore I didn't need a tune and guess what, that lasted about 6 months and I got a tune. :LOL: If you do decide to get a tune it's really easy to adjust the tire size from the calibrator.

OP
OP
MJL88

MJL88

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
It all was to me too. I never knew I needed to replace perfectly good tires until I joined this site. :facepalm: There's even an old post I made where I swore I didn't need a tune and guess what, that lasted about 6 months and I got a tune. :LOL: If you do decide to get a tune it's really easy to adjust the tire size from the calibrator.
Are you happy with your tune? I’ve been thinking about it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Are you happy with your tune? I’ve been thinking about it.
100% and wish I did it sooner. I went with the Livernois tune and you get 5 tunes so you can try them all and see which one you like. Another really good one is Unleashed and then there's the Ford Performance tune which many like because you retain the factory warranty.

SVTRondogg

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
So I’ve been looking at getting bigger tires and would like to have my speedometer calibrated after. Unfortunately my local dealership said they don’t do that. How did you guys go about it if you did? I’ve heard that you can do it with ForScan but I honestly don’t know anything about that. ??‍♂
I was always curious how these local dealers with upfit packages of bigger wheels and tires adjusted the speedometer accordingly. My guess is they probably don't even bother which is concerning…

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I have 31.8" tires from the stock 30.5". Only a slight difference in mph and distance, I am looking to get it adjusted but not a huge concern on my part.
Sponsored