Smallest Levelling Kit

Av8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Ranger, Cessna Skywagon
Hey all,

I wanted a small levelling kit around 1", I like SOME factory rake (but not the crazy rake it comes stock with) so the truck doesn't squat when I have a load. I couldn't find anything that was 1", I considered getting the readylift 2" level and throw away the bottom spacer... but $200 is a lot to throw away half of the kit. I also didn't want to over-stress the UCA Ball joints or replace the UCA so something smaller is right what I was looking for. I settled on this $25 1/2" Wulf suspension spacer:

https://wulfsuspensions.com/product...rd-ranger-2wd-4wd?_pos=3&_sid=da970ff7a&_ss=r

I personally would NOT recommend the kit. It didn't even come close to fitting... I thought the picture was a stock photo, but it's not. It's missing a hole and the existing holes aren't even close. I had to rework it for about 45 minutes each to fit, then repainted to avoid rust. I thought "oh its only $25 I'll throw it away if it doesn't work"... well I didn't take into account that I'd have my suspension ripped apart before I realized it wouldn't work. But... now that it's on I'm VERY happy with it. I still have 1.375" of rake, but it improved the stance of the truck considerably and I cleared 265/65/R18 Falken Wildpeaks no problem.

FWIW 2x of these spacers will not fit and still give you thread clearance for the top of the strut, I was hoping to get 1" of lift that way, but had to settle for .5".

Before/After pics attached, I have a pic (in order) of Stock, Level with Hankooks, Level with Falkens

IMG_20190410_071758.jpg
-8993718539880332404.jpg
PXL_20201022_134347359.jpg
Sponsored

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
You could have gotten a coilover kit and set it to the level you want and improved the ride, Eibach struts/springs would have costed around $400 for fronts only.

OP
OP
Av8or

Av8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could have gotten a coilover kit and set it to the level you want and improved the ride,
True, but I paid good money for those FX4 shocks and I wanted to give them at least a fighting chance. For what it's worth after swapping tires, the ride is night and day better.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
This is my goal as well. I just want 1-1.25" of lift on the front to level out. The rake is crazy on the the newer trucks. I think I'm going the Eibach route, once I save up the extra cash. Just purchased a house and the garage is going to be box storage for a bit and I'm BROKE ?

Coming from several Jeeps, i know what a difference a 0.5" makes ? (that's what she said)

OP
OP
Av8or

Av8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I installed half of the Readylift kit, just the top spacer and that gave me just under 1" of level which is perfect. That being said paying $200 for that is ridiculous, luckily I got a good deal from a member here on his old one.

Since I'm trying to gauge interest on sway bar disconnects, I'll check on this idea too. Would anyone be interested in a 1" levelling kit for $80? Much like the disconnects, I have to make 10 sets to make it at all economical.

I'll post a picture of what my truck looks like in the morning.

alan0614

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Lariat, 2017 GT350, 2016 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Product and Training Manager
True, but I paid good money for those FX4 shocks and I wanted to give them at least a fighting chance. For what it's worth after swapping tires, the ride is night and day better.
@Av8or what tires did you choose? And what size?

Madtel4

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT-FX4, 2020 Ford Explorer ST, & 2018 Mustang GT
I don't go off road much, I think I want to lower the rear 1 or 2 in any good way to do this?
Lee