First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I would like to see what Australia dealers charge for them, just the turn signal housings. I can't find anything though, well my search patterns dont work anyway.

I bought a set of chinas crap ones to experiment with. They where only $10 for the set ?
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I'm about to find find out. Haha Are you sure they're not quoting you for the entire mirror assembly? These are literally just plastic housings with no electronics.
I found a vid showing how to take the mirror cover off. they are very easy to break the tabs if pulled wrong. You may already know this, but it may help none the less.

SpaceRanger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I found a vid showing how to take the mirror cover off. they are very easy to break the tabs if pulled wrong. You may already know this, but it may help none the less.
Oh, yeah. I broke a tab on the driver's side last year when I replaced the bulbs with Diode Dynamics' LED's. Live and learn, I guess. Haha

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
So I found this in Australia, even their high prices is not close to what they want here. Thats about $40 US.

Screenshot_2021-02-10 Everest.png

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
So these are suppose to be OEM. I paid $28 each, so far they look to be factory. Huge difference from the $400+ a set from the local dealer here.

IMG_3729.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_3730.jpg

SpaceRanger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
So these are suppose to be OEM. I paid $28 each, so far they look to be factory. Huge difference from the $400+ a set from the local dealer here.

IMG_3729.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_3730.jpg
Those definitely look factory, only the back plastic is black on mine (yours appears tan for some reason? Lol). I'm still waiting for those led sequentials to come in.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Those definitely look factory, only the back plastic is black on mine (yours appears tan for some reason? Lol). I'm still waiting for those led sequentials to come in.
Im actually waiting to see your results, I really hope they are universal.

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
EU/AUS and NA ranger skullcaps have different attachments. On the NA ones they're pretty easy to remove without breaking clips off. Video below is an example.

I'd suggest using a plastic or wood spudger instead of the metal screwdriver i used, but i dont care about cosmetically damaging the mirrors in my case. The second time i break out the screw driver in the video it was not needed (I thought the bottom clips might have been engaged still), you just have to pull at the correct angle, gently wiggle it a bit.

This mirror in particular isnt one with a turn signal, but the clip attachments are the same for both skullcap types.

Beige color is strange, most OEMs require black if it could be visible from outside. As far as i know the NA parts are a carry-over of the EU/AUS parts, so they should all fit. NA parts have a part number of "U375-3202-2131" or "U375-8202-1131", and should be exclusively in black. Another color should have a different part number though.

Biggest differences i'm noticing though is the lack of the CCC logo above the FoMoCo one, the part number above the M logo, and the additional number below the M logo.
Sponsored

Last edited: