Should FoMoCo Reimburse Ranger Owners for Installing Proper Quality Shock Absorbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a burrito the other day and specifically requested NO sour cream.

First bite was OK.

Second bite, guess what? Chock full of sour cream.

Should Ford reimburse me for that expensive burrito that was NOT what I initially thought it was?

I mean, I did bring it home in a Ford truck so I'd say they are liable.

Can I also ask for damages due to the emotional trauma brought on by unwarranted sour cream exposure?
Hi Dennis,

Sounds like you need a support Tortoise like we have for these traumatic events...

Best,
Phil
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hi Dennis,

Sounds like you need a support Tortoise like we have for these traumatic events...

Best,
Phil
I'm still pretty shook up.

Maybe the calming influence of a placid and slow moving reptile can ameliorate my persisting burrito anxiety.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
To add insult to injury, these trucks are priced at a premium...
Premium relative to what? When I bought my Ranger, I was simultaneously negotiating with the Chevy dealer on a Colorado. Final price on the two was within $400 of each other. Chevy had a longer bed (Crew cab with 6' bed), but Ranger was 4x4. And incidentally I preferred the ride of the Ranger and its pogo sticks.

...and have been decontented year after year.
Your profile says that you have a 2019. Why does it bug you that content was removed AFTER your bought your truck?

Should new Ranger buyers negotiate proper shock absorbers into their sales contract?
If they aren't happy with the shocks and they're willing to walk over the issue, then yes they should negotiate replacement or a decrease in purchase price. Or alternatively they could fail to negotiate on this feature, buy the truck, drive it for almost 3 years, then go on an online forum and complain about how they were wronged by Ford.

Should people who have already purchased new Rangers and replaced the useless shock absorbers sue Ford for reimbursement?
If you want to sue Ford for selling you a product that was delivered to you meeting the original design parameters and that you later modded to be more to your liking, I say go for it. Just make sure to report back on any adjectives the judge uses in describing the suit.

Opinions please.
My opinion is that there are more important things you should be focusing than getting manufacturers to pay for your pickup modifications. I recommend starting with getting your drinking (or consumption of whatever substance that led you thinking this thread was a good idea) under control.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Premium relative to what? When I bought my Ranger, I was simultaneously negotiating with the Chevy dealer on a Colorado. Final price on the two was within $400 of each other. Chevy had a longer bed (Crew cab with 6' bed), but Ranger was 4x4. And incidentally I preferred the ride of the Ranger and its pogo sticks.

Your profile says that you have a 2019. Why does it bug you that content was removed AFTER your bought your truck?

If they aren't happy with the shocks and they're willing to walk over the issue, then yes they should negotiate replacement or a decrease in purchase price. Or alternatively they could fail to negotiate on this feature, buy the truck, drive it for almost 3 years, then go on an online forum and complain about how they were wronged by Ford.

If you want to sue Ford for selling you a product that was delivered to you meeting the original design parameters and that you later modded to be more to your liking, I say go for it. Just make sure to report back on any adjectives the judge uses in describing the suit.

My opinion is that there are more important things you should be focusing than getting manufacturers to pay for your pickup modifications. I recommend starting with getting your drinking (or consumption of whatever substance that led you thinking this thread was a good idea) under control.
My god I could not have said this better!

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I believe my Ranger should have come with...
2 inch high, real wool carpeting...
At least 1/2 inch of sound deadening covering every square inch of interior metal found under all the panels...
A form conforming seats like those that come in Lincoln's...
A FULL, real leather and suede interior covering EVERYTHING...
A twin turbo instead of a single turbo...
Factory supplied Borla exhaust...
For my 2021, an engine cover, factory installed...
A factory tailgate damper, supplied by Dave...
Complete factory installed BedRug...
The 2 missing tie-downs...

All at no charge...
We need to start a class action against Ford for all these missing items !!!! :handsinair:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Where is the OP?
this isnt fun without his presence.....:D
Maybe he bailed... :handsinair:
WAIT...maybe he had his head up his a.., and the door hit him in the a.. on the way out...he may have had a concussion !!! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Last edited:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I was a bit confused after reading through 327 threads with 13,755 posts regarding shocks. So, I put a Blistein on the right front corner, left the FX4 on the left rear, put a (Dave's Special 2 damper) SHOX on the right rear and a Midas Muffler special on left front.

I can say that after I get the tires squared (from being too round) that it rides.:bandit:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I was a bit confused after reading through 327 threads with 13,755 posts regarding shocks. So, I put a Blistein on the right front corner, left the FX4 on the left rear, put a (Dave's Special 2 damper) SHOX on the right rear and a Midas Muffler special on left front.

I can say that after I get the tires squared (from being too round) that it rides.:bandit:
download (3).jpg

download (4).jpg

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's a good thing he never read the posts about the missing rocker hole covers, the missing tie-downs, the possible gas in the oil . If he had, he's be complaining non-stop !!!
"I wanna new engine", "I wanna new bed without the pre drilled holes". I want new rocker panels without holes".

Last edited:

PierreD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
AV Tech
I just had Bilstein shocks installed on my 2020 XLT last week.
Are they better? Hell yes. More control and less wallowing.
Were the originals OK? yep (even said so the day I bought the truck), but they were already bouncing around too much on the pothole infested roads I was driving on.
Plus, I tow a 5,500lb trailer and I can't wait to see how much better it rides with the new shocks.
The front stocks are good for now.

What really pisses me off is the height of the truck.
Just because I wanted a 4 X 4, didn't mean I wanted something this high!!!
I got it for traction on ice and snow in our Canadian winters. Not for off-roading.
Ford should have a "standard" 4 X 4 truck that is 1.5" shorter in the front and 4"s in the rear.
Then option out a medium 4 X 4 offering at the height it is now.
THEN offer a lifted FX4 for the real off road enthusiasts.

I hate the fact the truck sits so high off the ground (specially the rear).

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just had Bilstein shocks installed on my 2020 XLT last week.
Are they better? Hell yes. More control and less wallowing.
Were the originals OK? yep (even said so the day I bought the truck), but they were already bouncing around too much on the pothole infested roads I was driving on.
Plus, I tow a 5,500lb trailer and I can't wait to see how much better it rides with the new shocks.
The front stocks are good for now.

What really pisses me off is the height of the truck.
Just because I wanted a 4 X 4, didn't mean I wanted something this high!!!
I got it for traction on ice and snow in our Canadian winters. Not for off-roading.
Ford should have a "standard" 4 X 4 truck that is 1.5" shorter in the front and 4"s in the rear.
Then option out a medium 4 X 4 offering at the height it is now.
THEN offer a lifted FX4 for the real off road enthusiasts.

I hate the fact the truck sits so high off the ground (specially the rear).
OH NOOOOO...here we go again !!!
If it pisses you off SO MUCH...WHY DID YOU BUY IT ??? Did you not see it before you bought it ? Did you not see how high it was ??? Did you not test drive it ??? :headbang:

PierreD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
AV Tech
OH NOOOOO...here we go again !!!
If it pisses you off SO MUCH...WHY DID YOU BUY IT ??? Did you not see it before you bought it ? Did you not see how high it was ??? Did you not test drive it ??? :headbang:
Because I had no interest in the Chevy.
Had a Tacoma and Frontier in the past and needed something better for towing.

Happy!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.