First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
All this talk of Boston sports. I live in NH but was raised near Plattsburgh, NY. We rooted for the Habs and the Expos. That and the Yankees. I get a lot of crap from the idiots around here.

-edit- not everyone here is an idiot, but the people who will fight you over a sports team are idiots.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
All this talk of Boston sports. I live in NH but was raised near Plattsburgh, NY. We rooted for the Habs and the Expos. That and the Yankees. I get a lot of crap from the idiots around here.

-edit- not everyone here is an idiot, but the people who will fight you over a sports team are idiots.
When sports for the most part became political is when I stopped caring, watching or supporting. With out the fans they’re playing with themselves ?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Ugh, the date on Soupie is one day ahead .... just noticed it today and I think it must have been okay before.

What should I expect if I do a master reset?

Do I lose my trip info,?

I'll probably bring it for its first oil change next month and casually mention the date (if it hasn't changed back - seems like it could pull the time from my phone when Bluetoothed ...).

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ugh, the date on Soupie is one day ahead .... just noticed it today and I think it must have been okay before.

What should I expect if I do a master reset?

Do I lose my trip info,?

I'll probably bring it for its first oil change next month and casually mention the date (if it hasn't changed back - seems like it could pull the time from my phone when Bluetoothed ...).
David, IIRC you'll lose the presets and possibly any history saved in your navigation if you have that but I don't think anything else. When all else fail just disconnect the battery and reset everything. ?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
LOL, navigation points! This is an incredibly basic system. I can do Bluetooth phone calls, but no maps of any kind.

For those not familiar with this screen (only us 47% folks have these!), the date is at the top and it must have been correct in the past. Oh well, let's see if GPS updates it (I rarely have location turned on on my phone, so that may be part of this issue ...).

Thanks for the info and I'll save the master reset as a nuclear option - Trip 1 is my driving since I got Soupie, not that it's very different from the first 20 miles it had on it from spinning donuts in the rail yard on its way to me. =D

Spinning donuts was probably better gas mileage than my short dump runs! =p

IMG_20230501_084520920.jpg

Last edited:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
LOL, navigation points! This is an incredibly basic system. I can do Bluetooth phone calls, but no maps of any kind.

For those not familiar with this screen (only us 47% folks have these!), the date is at the top and it must have been correct in the past. Oh well, let's see if GPS updates it (I rarely have location turned on on my phone, so that may be part of this issue ...).

Thanks for the info and I'll save the master reset as a nuclear option - Trip 1 is my driving since I got Soupie, not that it's very different from the first 20 miles it had on it from spinning donuts in the rail yard on its way to me. =D

Spinning donuts was probably better gas mileage than my short dump runs! =p

IMG_20230501_084520920.jpg
Well, 10 hour trip with phone connected and the date did not reset via GPS as some may have thought (including me).

Had my first, and free, oil change yesterday. Soupie only has 2,300 miles but it's coming up to a year old.

Asked the dealer to reset the date, but ... of course, they didn't! Argh ....

Nellieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger crew cab
On some radios a press and hold of the clock button will put you into clock reset settings... Any thing in there for the date? Are you 12h advanced... Pm in realtime morning on your truck
Sponsored