Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Tire Installer
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a hard tri folding cover a couple months ago because I didn't want a soft top and the retractable takes up too much space. But I recently wanted to add a bed rack for gear on top and equipment but a lot of racks dont seem to allowed to be used with the hard folding cover.

My question is are there any bed racks that work with the hard folding cover or am I out of luck?

20210817_150805.jpg
Sponsored

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
I've also been looking. I'll be interested to hear a suggestion.

OP
OP
typmoon

typmoon

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Tire Installer
Vehicle Showcase
I've also been looking. I'll be interested to hear a suggestion.
So far it looks like no bed rack system will allow enough space to keep the trifold because of how the bed racks mount to the same spot as the trifold. Been told the best way if I want to keep the bed cover with a rack is to buy a system that has a retractable cover built with a option to add a rack over it. I believe THULE makes one?

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
Here's the setup I've spec'd for my ride but haven't bought yet:

Truxedo Elevate TS Rails: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/1118329-truxedo-elevate-ts-rails-for-5ft-truck-beds.html

Rhino Rack RLT600 legs: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/r...for-rhino-rack-track-systems-set-of-four.html

Crossbars of your choice, but the Rhino Rack Vortex 59" would work nice.

I've looked for about 3 months for a kit that works with tonneaus like yours and mine and this is the best I could find. I couldn't find any other feet that work with the Elevate TS rails. Reach out to @Stage3Motorsports and they'll get you a discount for this kit.

EDIT: I want to add that the Elevate TS rails are the only ones I found that didn't require drilling into the bedrails to mount with an existing tonneau.

Last edited:

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
So far it looks like no bed rack system will allow enough space to keep the trifold because of how the bed racks mount to the same spot as the trifold. Been told the best way if I want to keep the bed cover with a rack is to buy a system that has a retractable cover built with a option to add a rack over it. I believe THULE makes one?
I suspect that the cover will end up in my shed out back. As soon as I can pay down my card a little, I'm gonna do the Decked drawer system. That retractable cover is pricey and there are other things I wanna get with whatever cash I can divert to the truck.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the setup I've spec'd for my ride but haven't bought yet:

Truxedo Elevate TS Rails: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/1118329-truxedo-elevate-ts-rails-for-5ft-truck-beds.html

Rhino Rack RLT600 legs: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/r...for-rhino-rack-track-systems-set-of-four.html

Crossbars of your choice, but the Rhino Rack Vortex 59" would work nice.

I've looked for about 3 months for a kit that works with tonneaus like yours and mine and this is the best I could find. I couldn't find any other feet that work with the Elevate TS rails. Reach out to @Stage3Motorsports and they'll get you a discount for this kit.

EDIT: I want to add that the Elevate TS rails are the only ones I found that didn't require drilling into the bedrails to mount with an existing tonneau.
Note that if you install that, you won't be able to open your trifold, as the bars will be blocking the folding motion.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
Note that if you install that, you won't be able to open your trifold, as the bars will be blocking the folding motion.
This is true for any cover that is not a high rack.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
This is true for any cover that is not a high rack.
No, you don't have that issue with a rolling tonneau. And I'm pretty sure a Peragon tonneau wouldn't have that issue, though I haven't actually seen one of those in person.
Sponsored