First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2017 Silverado, 1996 Jeep
Occupation
Army
What bed racks are out there? I’ve been searching online and found a few but I am curious as to which ones you guys are actually using? Feel free to post up pics and links!
Sponsored

Sardog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
USN Aircrew
I installed the ACS rack from Leitner designs. Pretty happy with it overall.

erikf

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
IT Guy
I just pulled the trigger on a Xtrusion Overland rack. I debated a bunch on different racks, came down to that one or the RCI. I wanted a bit shorter rack, and I really do like the slots on the Xtrusion racks and was able to get a 12" so I should be able to get it in the garage after the RTT is installed.

Michealj

First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
We went with the upTOP Overland mid height. We wanted something short so the tent or ROAM cases would be as close to the roofline as we could get and upTOP was the shortest without going custom.

Overall it’s been great, we don’t get any added wind noise at 80 mph on the interstate and in the few hundred off-road miles we’ve done it’s been trouble free.

F64F87B6-88FC-4EB9-B761-A959357C9F51.jpeg
9A22BBFE-8DD7-4F33-A8D6-78C62B668E3A.jpeg

Omgwtflol

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Occupation
Consultant
Hey everyone - I'm actually really curious about this too. I've been researching the Xtrusion Overland and thinking about 15" vs 18" for my Supercrew BUT I have the RetraxPro MX tonneau cover. According to Alan over at Xtrusion he says it should fit just fine as long as I use the "wide width wing style brackets". My understanding is so that it slides under the tonneau cover without obstructing the actual rail or sliding mechanism of the cover itself. The retrax cover can technically hold 500lbs evenly distributed so ideally, I'd like to be able to put a few low profile (less than 8 inches maybe??) lockable cases on top of the tonneau cover, have the Xtrusion rack right above that AND still have the 5' bed all locked and safe under the tonneau cover. I was also thinking of getting the longer Xtrusion rack (58" vs. the 48") one so it covers the full length of my 5' bed. That way, I could pair it with something like a Roofnest Condor or something although I think that particular RTT is still like 60" long so I'd have 2 inches of overhang. Hmmm..... Any thoughts or opinions anyone would like to share? I'm still in research mode so I'm all ears!

I guess the issue is a lot of this stuff is very customizable and up to personal preference so its hard to simply ask "will this work" without actually trying it for yourself. It's just a very expensive route to just try to wing it and see if it all works out (sizing, and fit wise I mean).

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I have a Pro Line that I picked up used on the FB market place.

It's fully adjustable width wise to fit any bed and has a good bit of height adjustment as well.

It's also compatible with bed covers but I'm not using those brackets right now.

Here it is at a charity car show last weekend. All the kids absolutely loved climbing up in it.

IMG_0865.jpeg

IMG_0864.jpeg

And here you can see the rack a bit better.

IMG_0804.jpeg

IMG_0803.jpeg
Sponsored