First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Warehouse
Hello everyone first post here. I am looking for some advice on the purchase of a hard tonneau cover/bed rack combo. I want the rack to be low profile as it will be holding a RTT and I would like to keep it below the cab. Looking for what you have, how it has held up and would you buy the same setup again. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I have see ads on Facebook for BillieBars that seem to allow room for most tonneau covers. I have no experience with them.

The Retrax model covers will work with Yakima racks. However, those covers are pricey.

If you want low profile bars, make sure you can setup the RTT on the front side by the cab ok. My RTT would not setup correct on bars any lower than what I have (look at profile picture) as the tent rainfly springs out on each side with support bars.

Also, might want to move this to Racks, Carriers, Toppers, Cargo, Bed Mods

Last edited:
OP
OP

WVKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Warehouse
If a mod wouldn’t mind moving this to
The above suggested thread I would appreciate it. Thanks

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
As usual, the best answer is "it depends"
I have the Ford version of the Embark Retractable Locking Tonneau cover on my Crew Cab.
I used the Yakima Outpost which puts the top of the rack (bottom of the tent) basically at the cab roof level. The system worked great and I even had a 4 gallon rotopax hanging on one side.

But that is not what you asked for. The Bedrock is the lowest system that Yakima has that will will work with the Embark hard cover. https://yakima.com/products/bedrock-hd-system

One thing to keep in mind is how your RTT is configured. The Yakima RTT I used had windows on 3 sides, which meant the rain fly needed to extend over the roof of the cab.
Well, I guess unless I wanted to have the door facing frontwards so I would have to crawl out onto the roof to exit..........

Reactions: EJH
OP
OP

WVKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Warehouse
Do you have a link to those towers and bars by any chance. Great looking truck also.
Sponsored