Said Goodbye to the Ranger

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
140 neck-snapping hp with the 302V8 2bbl. The Mustang II and sister Pinto are great demolition derby cars.
I occasionally see a Pinto but never a Mustang II , have to assume even if they still ran the owners were too embarrassed to be seen in one.
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I have to admit, I always liked the Mustang II in the movie Starman.

It was very nice looking for a Pinto.

starman.jpg

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
If it didn't have 5 lug nuts, I didn't much care for it. I'm like that with trucks now but must have 6 lugs.
Call me an odd fellow, I, don't, know.

ihtblzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Think you missed why I traded. Purchase price was not the issue. I understood the truck would not get 25mpg on the highway with the lift, my reasonable expectation was it would still get 20. 16mg is not reasonable along with the vibration that we were getting. this car is awd and will become my step sons car in 10 years. It makes sense to us to save the extra money until the next Ranger is released. We will not be buying a modified one next time. Lesson learned.
So we put 33 tires and leveling kit. The vibration was bad at first but had to do with the offset of wheels so husband put these plastic spacers on first to center wheel and made a big difference (even though the wheels were suppose to be lug centric) after also torquing correctly. The vibration is ever so slightly to before. I’m sure the larger tires make it ride different to. We did have a fuel issue before but somehow fixing itself . Now getting 19.3 mpg at 55-65 mph. Husband bought me the truck so I hope I explained correctly. When we first put on wheels and tires and was driving on freeway I was like hell no this is terrible so husband did some researching and it worked. Method wheels and 33 BFGs

donsmith

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Television cameraman and video editor
Well guys, after much thought we traded the Ranger over the weekend. I will first say I really loved the truck overall. Three issues that we had was sometimes 1. bad vibration on the highway (most likely from what I read from the lift/driveshaft), 2. gas mileage with the 3" ready lift (16 mpg on the highway), which leads to 3 gas prices. I know I want a new body style Ranger when they come out so we traded for a 20 Fusion great car and still in my favorite color Velocity Blue. My very minor gripes just like others were lack of heated steering, ventilated seats and the small climate control buttons. When using android auto it is a pain closing out to adjust the climate through the screen. The ergonomics was meh.

The ranger is missed but look forward to the new body style that will hopefully fit the US market better. crossing my fingers.
Love my 22 Ranger. HATE the climate controls! I had the same climate controls on my ‘17 Edge I traded in with the hope that I would not have to deal with those poorly designed climate controls only to discover to my dismay that I still have to deal with the worst climate controls on modern vehicles. Rats.

MadMatter

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Occupation
Marketing
I'm super intrigued by the spread of MPGs for folks. (Sorry new here, probably wrong spot but saw it as one of the reasons for moving on).

I'm on 33's BFG all-terrain w/ RC levelling kit. Pretty mixed hwy/city and pulling 19-20 mpgs. Usually 75mph avg - Utah driving.

Hopefully the new fusion serves well until the new drops.

Tfcurranjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired USAF pilot
Drastic times call for drastic measures; no one is going to really blame you for shedding the Ranger. I love my 2019 XLT FX4, but…I just completed a 2800 mile round-robin trip from Seattle to/through Wyoming. We opted to drive our 2018 CRV (36 mpg @ 80 mph) vs. the Ranger (25-ish mpg @ only 70 mph)….cost difference made it a no-brainer. Unfortunately.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
He'd like you to move the hottie home and keep the 1998 Daewoo. If you can score a babe with a car like that, you'll get another.

daewoo-matiz_532_1.jpg
Daewoo bonnet logo looks like a THONG!

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
REAL purpose of my visit to you all tonight is to let you know that I'm trading in my '19 Ranger XLT super crew sport 4x4. I was offered $36,000.00 for the truck with a whopping 22,200 miles on it.

Did not drive it much, some things I really liked and some not so much...
Had the trade value been at a point where I was even or up-side down I would have probably kept it. In all about $10k in positive equity to roll into my new vehicle that is in transit, expected around May 13th, Friday the 13th..so you can bet I wont pick it up until the 14th !!

Purchase primarily driven by the fact that since Covid I am able to hybrid-work and dont drive as much. I'm not in the field much when I am out of my home office, dont need a truck anymore. Both my children are driving their own vehicles now; so no more endless taxi service, practice routes pick-up's/drop-off's etc. Wanted something better on gas, easier to park, more room in my garage, sporty-ish. etc.

Bought a 2022 Hyundai Kona N-Line AWD in white. 195hp, reg. gas, non-CVT trans, fun as F to drive, nearly double the 17MPG I average in the Ranger.

This one isn't mine, it was 'sold' but they let me drive it a bit anyways.

1650328192164.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
REAL purpose of my visit to you all tonight is to let you know that I'm trading in my '19 Ranger XLT super crew sport 4x4. I was offered $36,000.00 for the truck with a whopping 22,200 miles on it.

Did not drive it much, some things I really liked and some not so much...
Had the trade value been at a point where I was even or up-side down I would have probably kept it. In all about $10k in positive equity to roll into my new vehicle that is in transit, expected around May 13th, Friday the 13th..so you can bet I wont pick it up until the 14th !!

Purchase primarily driven by the fact that since Covid I am able to hybrid-work and dont drive as much. I'm not in the field much when I am out of my home office, dont need a truck anymore. Both my children are driving their own vehicles now; so no more endless taxi service, practice routes pick-up's/drop-off's etc. Wanted something better on gas, easier to park, more room in my garage, sporty-ish. etc.

Bought a 2022 Hyundai Kona N-Line AWD in white. 195hp, reg. gas, non-CVT trans, fun as F to drive, nearly double the 17MPG I average in the Ranger.

This one isn't mine, it was 'sold' but they let me drive it a bit anyways.

1650328192164.png
Hyundais are very good vehicles and I hope you have good luck with yours. Hopefully you'll still pop in once in a while and see how the funny farm is doing. :crazy: Good luck Anthony!!

OP
OP
21VBRanger

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Guy who really only needs car buys truck, realizes he doesn't actually need truck, ditches truck, gets car. Sad story ?
Actually we did have a need for it with two kids, two golden retrievers, two adults when traveling, can't do that in the car and we do not like boarding our dogs. We also do our own home renovations and tree trimming so the truck was used/needed plenty. We are putting travel and projects on pause until the new ranger comes out. We knew we would need a second car at some point so it was a no brainer to save on payment, gas for a couple of years and get something that will still somewhat fit our family for the time being.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well it's official, Kona came in 2 full weeks early! Projected was 05/13..Fri the 13th, i already said they would not see me until the 14th..
Anyways here she is..one is with her big sister.
Only 60 miles, had one full day so far and really like it!.

20220428_193109.jpg

20220429_183207.jpg

20220429_183146.jpg

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Well guys, after much thought we traded the Ranger over the weekend. I will first say I really loved the truck overall. Three issues that we had was sometimes 1. bad vibration on the highway (most likely from what I read from the lift/driveshaft), 2. gas mileage with the 3" ready lift (16 mpg on the highway), which leads to 3 gas prices. I know I want a new body style Ranger when they come out so we traded for a 20 Fusion great car and still in my favorite color Velocity Blue. My very minor gripes just like others were lack of heated steering, ventilated seats and the small climate control buttons. When using android auto it is a pain closing out to adjust the climate through the screen. The ergonomics was meh.

The ranger is missed but look forward to the new body style that will hopefully fit the US market better. crossing my fingers.
Did you expect good MPG with a lift? I would also bet the vibration was realted to that as well.

I will be trading in my 2019 Ranger as well this year.

I was going to wait on the new Ranger, but now need a full size truck.

Have a 22 F150 on order. Will be getting almost what I paid for it in trade, so cant complain.

Really do like the Ranger. Zero issus with it. Really going to miss the 25-26 MPG i am getting.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee