"Safe" Interior Cleaning products?

Mercfh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Senior QA Engineer
Not sure if this is the right forum. But I generally like to keep the inside of my car/truck very clean. I used to use armor all wipes....however I heard something about how they can potentially dry out plastic/etc?

I have premium cloth seats but generally have a "no food rule" (but we all know how that goes). Any specific things that are "good to have/safe" for general cleaning of the interior?
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Many years ago when Armor all was the rage, it was discovered that it was damaging. 303 aerospace protector is your friend.

For leather, leatherique is the stuff serious detailers use, but it's a 2 step process. You put on the conditioner, let it sit (in the sun, even better) then clean it. Seem bassakwards, but it works. You have cloth, so I don't have recommendations for that.

ADDED: Armor all formula has changed, if you want to believe that. But, as Jules said in Pulp Fiction: "I wouldn't know cause I won't touch the filthy mutha........."

driverdenali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL SXT
Many years ago when Armor all was the rage, it was discovered that it was damaging. 303 aerospace protector is your friend.

For leather, leatherique is the stuff serious detailers use, but it's a 2 step process. You put on the conditioner, let it sit (in the sun, even better) then clean it. Seem bassakwards, but it works. You have cloth, so I don't have recommendations for that.

ADDED: Armor all formula has changed, if you want to believe that. But, as Jules said in Pulp Fiction: "I wouldn't know cause I won't touch the filthy mutha........."

303 aerospace or chemical bros interior is great stuff.

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
This stuff is hands down the best cleaner do it all stuff and safe on everything and leaves nothing behind. HIGHLY reccomend.
Amazon.com: P&S Detailing Products Xpress Interior Cleaner 1pt: Automotive

As far as Protectant goes theres lots of good brands for plastics and dash protectant.

This is the go to for Cloth seats and carpets, basically like a ceramic coating for your cloth. you can pour water or anything on my seats and it wipes right out or water beads off.

Amazon.com: Malco Epic Fabric Coat – Advanced Vehicle Protection/Cleans and Protects Cloth Seats and Carpets/Prevents Interior Staining / 16 oz. (260716): Automotive

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've been using 303 Aerospace Protectant for years. Trust me if it works out here in the heat that we have it'll work great for you too. I use it on all my dash, leather seats, tonneau cover and black bed rail caps. You will not find a better UV protectant!

They also have a stain guard for cloth here and a great spot remover which I've used here.

https://www.amazon.com/30340CSR-Protectant-Plastic-Fiberglass-Leather/dp/B0004ELKC4/ref=sr_1_5?crid=30WS3FCY2FBUZ&dchild=1&keywords=303+aerospace+protectant&qid=1620922626&sprefix=303+,aps,221&sr=8-5

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I’ve had good success with meguiar’s Quik interior detailer from their professional line. A gallon is very inexpensive.

I also have used rinseless/waterless washes as well and find they work well also.

When it comes to detailing my advice is now find something that works for you and stick to it. Every time you turn around there’s a new miracle product that’s going to change the game. At the end of the day technique is as important as the products.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
A swiffer works great for a quick dust, dirt wipeoff. Gets in the dash crannies pretty well.
Sponsored