ColoRanger

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I purchased these in black (0 offset) and will be installing them soon. I am going with the same tires (Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 285/70/17) as the RTR model. Will post pics soon.

Will also be selling the wheels/tires... factory take-offs.
You mean 265/70 right? That is what is on the RTR Ranger.
cant wait to see how they look. I ended up going with Gear Overdrives in 17”. Got all 4 for $517 to my door. So I went that route.

RngrRegmnt586

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
You mean 265/70 right? That is what is on the RTR Ranger.
cant wait to see how they look. I ended up going with Gear Overdrives in 17”. Got all 4 for $517 to my door. So I went that route.
Their SEMA build has the 285/70/17 with an aftermarket front bumper. I will be going with the factory bumper route with BDS slim crash bars. I also ordered the RTR Ranger fender flares. Anyhow, here's a link to the version wearing the 285 tires.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2019-ford-ranger-rambler-by-rtr-ar186973.html

OP
OP
ColoRanger

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Their SEMA build has the 285/70/17 with an aftermarket front bumper. I will be going with the factory bumper route with BDS slim crash bars. I also ordered the RTR Ranger fender flares. Anyhow, here's a link to the version wearing the 285 tires.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2019-ford-ranger-rambler-by-rtr-ar186973.html
I see, I just had noticed on their site the RTR Ranger truck will be coming with the 265's for clearance. either way will look good that's for sure. I am sure they did it so the package can be sold at dealerships without having modified crash bars etc. as I'm sure nobody would want that kind of liability from a new vehicle sale standpoint.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased these in black (0 offset) and will be installing them soon. I am going with the same tires (Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 285/70/17) as the RTR model. Will post pics soon.

Will also be selling the wheels/tires... factory take-offs.
can you get a weight of the wheel before mounting

RngrRegmnt586

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
can you get a weight of the wheel before mounting
I'll do my best and try to get access to a scale to weigh them. I'll at the VERY LEAST get you a shipping weight of an individual box for a ballpark figure.

RngrRegmnt586

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
I'll do my best and try to get access to a scale to weigh them. I'll at the VERY LEAST get you a shipping weight of an individual box for a ballpark figure.
Bad news. Boxes only have a FedEx bar code. No weight listed. I'll try for a scale sometime soon.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
RTR emailed me back saying about 25.5lbs
Bad news. Boxes only have a FedEx bar code. No weight listed. I'll try for a scale sometime soon.
shipping weight is usually approximate and not exact. RTR emailed me back saying about 25.5 lbs.

RngrRegmnt586

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
RTR emailed me back saying about 25.5lbs

shipping weight is usually approximate and not exact. RTR emailed me back saying about 25.5 lbs.
That's why I said a "ballpark" figure. The box and styrophome can't weigh more than a few lbs. Anyways... 25.5 lbs sounds awesome! I was looking at VTX wheels to try and save weight but didn't really like their designs. Glad these are relatively light. Thanks for the update on the weight.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get these bolted yet? I like to see them on your truck before I buy them.

RngrRegmnt586

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
Alright fellas,

I emailed RTR and asked for the weight and they replied with 29lbs. I had the " P Metric" Nitto Ridge Grapplers (285/70/17) installed today and when I got home and finally had access to a scale; I weighed the mounted tire/wheel. On my bathroom scale (best I could do); the wheel/tire came out to 82.0lbs.

Nitto has this particular tire rated at 48.74 lbs on their site. So that leaves me with a weight of 33.26 lbs for the wheel. Now obviously my bathroom scale may not be accurate but these are the best numbers I can provide.

The wheels don't feel like 25 lbs when I lifted them prior to mounting to the tire. So who knows what they weigh but I'm sure Nitto has accurate tire weights on their site. What the RTR wheel weighs is a big ?????

IMG_20200506_180647_830.jpg

20200506_180834.jpg

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
My God those are gorgeous. I got an email a few days ago the grey ones are back in stock. Now of course I don't have the money for them. One day. Just bought my ridge grapplers and lift and spacers for now.
Sponsored