First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Was wondering if anyone else is waiting from RTR to get their rims in from their Black Friday sale? they put rims up for sale with no indication of them not being in stock and after 2 weeks of no shipping notification I reached out and they said they were stuck on a cargo ship but should've been in stock for Black Friday and they'd ship at Christmas. Now its they don't know when but "will keep us updated" no news in 2 weeks....I would cancel and get rims elsewhere however I got these 20% off and now everything is full priced again, don't want to spend an extra $300-400. :angry:
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Last I looked at their website it said all the wheels were out of stock.

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
Same same, ordered the satin black 17x9 ET30 rims on black Friday that were advertised as in stock. I'm okay with a slight shipping delay given the deal.

I've been waiting for over 6 months for my Icon VS piggy back rear shocks ordered through Stage 3. Pisses me off that I have seen them listed as ready to ship on eBay from several sellers the last couple of months. I got a great price from Stage 3 but this is ridiculous.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Same same, ordered the satin black 17x9 ET30 rims on black Friday that were advertised as in stock. I'm okay with a slight shipping delay given the deal.

I've been waiting for over 6 months for my Icon VS piggy back rear shocks ordered through Stage 3. Pisses me off that I have seen them listed as ready to ship on eBay from several sellers the last couple of months. I got a great price from Stage 3 but this is ridiculous.

Stage 3 sucks.

When I first bought my Ranger I ordered an afe muffler delete through them. Website said "ships from manufacturer, average time 5-7 business days".. that was fine.

I got an email a week and a half later saying " hi thanks for your order, we just spoke to AFE and they told us that your axle back is still in production, but the estimated ship date isn't until blah blah blah"

To me, taking money for an item from a customer that you don't even know is still getting produced is bad business ?‍♀ just like taking 5 business days to refund.

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
In my case I think Icon is who really dropped the ball with the covid and supply chain delays. Most vendor have things drop shipped from the manufacturer. S3 did promptly ship out my front coilovers but I have held off on installing them waiting for the rear shocks.

I've ordered plenty of other items for both my Ranger and F150 from S3 without any issues. Their sales team like Frank are helpful and easy to work with.

My frustration is seeing Icon send them to vendors to sell instead of taking care of the back orders of customers who have already paid.

OP
OP
Jbroke

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports

Yeah that’s what grinded my gears even tho “they anticipated” to have them in before Black Friday when the sale went live they knew they weren’t in/prolly assumed if they put delayed shipment not as many would buy. I work in e-commerce so I know about these delays, but you gotta be up front and proactive not hope your customer doesn’t ask questions weeks after purchase wondering why their order hasn’t shipped

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that’s what grinded my gears even tho “they anticipated” to have them in before Black Friday when the sale went live they knew they weren’t in/prolly assumed if they put delayed shipment not as many would buy. I work in e-commerce so I know about these delays, but you gotta be up front and proactive not hope your customer doesn’t ask questions weeks after purchase wondering why their order hasn’t shipped
Nail on the head Jimmy.

This is where the customer experience falls apart. I’ve worked in e-commerce and in banking (way too many years in banking) and the rules were pretty simple on the online sales side
  1. Don’t offer it on your website unless you have it in stock or your drop-shipping supplier has it in stock. Don’t sell what you don’t have.
  2. Don’t charge your customer‘s credit card for it until it’s packed and headed out the door.
On the banking side, the merchant credit card agreements used to hold the e-commerce folks to that second rule. It sure doesn’t seem like that’s happening anymore.

OP
OP
Jbroke

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Well they just sent an update it’s going to be at least 60 more days and they expect to get them first week of March. Don’t think I want to wait that long, especially since I’ve been running on low tread tires close to a month already. But they offered a free swag bag :crazy:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
The whole world is on back order. Sadly, anything the government touches turns to shit. And, that's where we stand right now. Myself, I can't blame any vendor since the have no control over their suppliers, or the shipping industry. I wish things were different, but we all know the seven deadly words, "We're the Government, we're here to help".

OP
OP
Jbroke

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
The whole world is on back order. Sadly, anything the government touches turns to shit. And, that's where we stand right now. Myself, I can't blame any vendor since the have no control over their suppliers, or the shipping industry. I wish things were different, but we all know the seven deadly words, "We're the Government, we're here to help".
I get that but it all starts with me ordering rims with 0 indication that they weren't in stock ready to be shipped. Now almost 7 weeks later finding out I have to wait at least 60 more days. The vendor still should've been more upfront with the situation.

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate that RTR at least notified me and will toss in a swag bag and t-shirt.

I have to chase after S3 about my Icon shocks every few weeks.

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I received my swag box - t-shirt, black metal Ranger RTR license plate frame and decal.

OP
OP
Jbroke

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
I received my swag box - t-shirt, black metal Ranger RTR license plate frame and decal.
I reached out asking what was in it and gave my size cause if it was going to be like a decal and lanyard they could just save the shipping cause in reality that would just go straight in my trash can and its the thought that counts..never heard back and no package yet

OP
OP
Jbroke

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Got my box, just a plate frame and shirt. No decal :crying::LOL:

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's just a little 4"x2" decal
Sponsored