Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to know if the crash bars need modifying with the +20 offset wheel. They are back in stock too :D
Sponsored

RangerDanger-UT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Those look great! I am thinking of getting the 18 in 0 offset to replace the stock wheels and then get the slightly bigger tires once I need new ones.

Im not well versed in offset - but the 0 should be stock basically right? As in not stick out to far if anything?

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
Those look great! I am thinking of getting the 18 in 0 offset to replace the stock wheels and then get the slightly bigger tires once I need new ones.

Im not well versed in offset - but the 0 should be stock basically right? As in not stick out to far if anything?
Stock offset is 55, so 0 will stick out about 2in more than stock. They are intended for trucks with flares unless you like the roller-skate look. They have a 30 offset option which should sit more flush with the stock wheel well.

RangerDanger-UT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Stock offset is 55, so 0 will stick out about 2in more than stock. They are intended for trucks with flares unless you like the roller-skate look.
Thank you! So if I don't want them to stick out far I would go with the +30 offset? not the 0.

That is very very helpful

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! So if I don't want them to stick out far I would go with the +30 offset? not the 0.

That is very very helpful
Yep! Offset is measured in millimeters, so replacing the stock wheels (+55 offset) with the RTR wheels (+30 offset), the RTR wheels will stick out 25mm (~1in) further than stock. If you search the forum for people that have used 1in spacers, you can get an idea of what it will look like. The stock wheels are recessed slightly, so pushing them ~1in out will put them more in line with the wheel wells, maybe slightly outside.

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)

There are many handy calculators out there to give you user-defined specs so you can "test fit" any size you want and see how far off from stock it ends up being>

Will They Fit, wheel fitment calculator

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
I weighed the mounted tire/wheel. On my bathroom scale (best I could do); the wheel/tire came out to 82.0lbs.
Sweet gender-fluid, 12 lb 4 oz, left handed, bearded baby jesus, 82 lbs for a wheel/tire combo? Slapping 16 extra lbs on each corner (64 lbs of static unsprung weight) is sure to kill the driving fun in a hurry.

Sure hope you're doing brake and suspension upgrades along with adding some power. You just tied a full grown elephant onto your truck of unsprung weight.

General idea: Unsprung weight effects

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet gender-fluid, 12 lb 4 oz, left handed, bearded baby jesus, 82 lbs for a wheel/tire combo? Slapping 16 extra lbs on each corner (64 lbs of static unsprung weight) is sure to kill the driving fun in a hurry.

Sure hope you're doing brake and suspension upgrades along with adding some power. You just tied a full grown elephant onto your truck of unsprung weight.

One of the reasons I didn't go with 285/70/17 tires when I was upgrading my tires and wheels. Most aftermarket wheels are close to or lighter than stock. Bigger tires add up the weight quickly. Most 285/70/17 tires I looked at were at least 15lbs heavier than stock... each.

RngrRegmnt586

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4

I'm not worried about it. The factory engine alone has plenty of power and I'm waiting for Mountune to finish developing their tune. Would I have liked the wheels to be lighter? Sure! Am I crying that they aren't? Nope. Will I be happy with the looks and offroad performance when I mount them? Absolutely. To each their own!

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant

For reference, this is what 0mm offset wheels look like on a Ranger. My tires are pretty wide though, 305s. Fender flares are up next.
IMG_9072.jpeg
IMG_9073.jpeg

Skyler

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
For reference, this is what 0mm offset wheels look like on a Ranger. My tires are pretty wide though, 305s. Fender flares are up next.
IMG_9072.jpeg

IMG_9072.jpeg
IMG_9073.jpeg
IMG_9073.jpeg
What are the specs on those tires? I want to run 305/70/17 which are 33.9x12.2r17 but idk if I’ll have to trim the wheel well for off-roading. Crash bars for sure

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
What are the specs on those tires? I want to run 305/70/17 which are 33.9x12.2r17 but idk if I’ll have to trim the wheel well for off-roading. Crash bars for sure
Mine are 305/70/16. Wheels are 16x8 0mm offset. They rub on my mud flaps at full lock. I'll be going with 285s once these tires are worn out.
Sponsored