OP

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Does this work with the OEM mud flaps? I’m almost ready to pull the trigger.
I would check with Ford, but I am assuming it would, since it is a Ford RTR part? I am not positive, as I did not have any mud flaps.
Sponsored

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
I would check with Ford, but I am assuming it would, since it is a Ford RTR part? I am not positive, as I did not have any mud flaps.
Unfortunately, I just got an email from RTR, the OEM mudflaps won’t work.

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
I am unsure, but I absolutely love mine. IMO the Raptor style one is a little trying to be something we arent? Idk, that is just my opinion!
I agree with that kind of. Not as bad as the guy with F150 and 5.0L badges on his truck. lol

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Ok, I’m about to pull the plug on the rtr flares, I’ll see if I can mod it to accept the OEM flaps, I love those things, only thing that will stop me is clearance, hopefully the fox 2.0 and crash bars removed will be enough. You guys are lucky living on the mainland, I gotta pay like 200 something for shipping to Hawaii. Oh yeah I might get it painted magnetic to match so even a longer wait.

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI for anyone considering these - I pulled into the driveway yesterday afternoon to find one of the bumper extensions had flown off in transit. In hindsight, these only attach with two clips on the underside and some light adhesive to the front. We had a really hot day here so I'm guessing the adhesive weakened, and even the slightest opening along the front edge there likely turned that thing to be a projectile flying off on the highway. I didn't see it come off and didn't see any pileups behind me so assuming it didn't cause any damage, but easily could have.

If you have these, I highly recommend using some additional strong adhesive to the seams of the bumper extensions. I am taking the passenger side one off now - reached out to RTR for a replacement for the one missing. Assuming I get that from them I'll definitely be using a very strong adhesive to get these back in place.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Sorry to hear it flew off. Mine is arriving in the mail soon, you mentioned it’s held by two clips, is there room to add more clips? Also copy on more adhesive, hmm I cleaned off the the rear of the tuck to add a tailgate led bar and used adhesion promoter and the supplied 3M tape and it still came off. That area doesn’t get much wind action as the fronts. Any suggestions on what to use besides more adhesive tape. Were your clips still attached or did it take the clips with it?

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear it flew off. Mine is arriving in the mail soon, you mentioned it’s held by two clips, is there room to add more clips? Also copy on more adhesive, hmm I cleaned off the the rear of the tuck to add a tailgate led bar and used adhesion promoter and the supplied 3M tape and it still came off. That area doesn’t get much wind action as the fronts. Any suggestions on what to use besides more adhesive tape. Were your clips still attached or did it take the clips with it?
Clips came off too. I wouldn't use additional clips, but I may add a screw or two to the underside to ensure they hold in place.

Open to suggestions on the adhesive - I'll probably look at some kind of epoxy. Not sure specifically what but something good for plastic to metal & all weather.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Whatever tape /adhesive that is on the side emblems for example like the F150’s hold up really well, not sure what it is exactly yet. I’m sure I’ll be creative enough to make it work working with the undersides as you suggested.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
3M VHB (very high bond) double sided tape should work well for this purpose. I wouldn't use any type of epoxy, that could very well end up to be permanent.

OP
OP

dannewps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I am sorry that you had some issues with the adhesive! I did not have any issues, but that could be the mellow climate of coastal Southern California where it only fluctuates between 62-76 every day of the year!
Sponsored