First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
Does anyone figured out out how to make the reardoor open from the inside? Because camping…!
I just close it without latching. The sides I only latch the one I can reach under the sliding window.
i wish they designed it to open from the inside and also make it easier to lock/unlock.
Sponsored

oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, just recieved my Smartcap from @Stage3Motorsports on 11/10/2021 after placing an order at the end of September. Finally came around to installing it over the holiday and install went very smooth except for the wiring harness.

The instructions say that the harness is a T-tap that taps into the trailer 7-way. I saw that in previous posts that some of you were having issues with it with the ranger software, so they may have sent me their latest harness. Looks like the harness taps into a 6 pin plug, but I can't seem to locate it anywhere under the truck or in the driver's sidw taillight. Any help on where to find the plug to tap into would be greatly appreciated!

The harness is a Lumens 9370245

Thanks in advance :fistbump:

4177E51C-AA27-4D59-A5E1-D2EFE9B6262C.jpeg
F57D20DE-8DBE-4C9B-80A4-2A38951C6A9B.jpeg
98F60A21-9732-4589-B063-03837C4C2D20.jpeg
86C7D251-8232-48D8-AB3B-676D433F1E16.jpeg
Regarding this issue, this is the response from RSI.

Thanks for completing the claim for us. The harness in the pics you have provided is that of our local South African Ranger model. This was mistakenly supplied with the US bond caps.

Our US harness has 2 issues that need ironing out before we can ship to customers. I have added your details to our dispatch list and will reach back out as soon as the issues have been resolved.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
where did you get this net for the cap? Also, did you install hooks or is that standard?
My cap will be here in a week.
Amazon has more of them as u need :party:

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
where did you get this net for the cap? Also, did you install hooks or is that standard?
My cap will be here in a week.
I used some bird netting I had lying around. I used magnets with caribiners to hook it on to the corners and in the middle. The net stretches so it will take some readjusting, but it holds my jackets, change of clothes and a small blanket well.
there are threaded holes in the roof for installing their bins that could also be used but I wanted a larger net option. These are awesome caps! So glad I went with this one vs the other options!

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
How are all you doing with weather on these?

Mine comes in a week, I didn’t have to place a deposit as they already had it on the way but it has my name on it if I want it, but last night I was watching some video reviews and it seems like lots of people are having leaking issues. If that’s the case, is it happening from above or is it through the windows?

If it does leak, how bad? Are car washes an option without flooding the the thing?

Any information, pro’s and con’s from current or previous owners of the RSI would be appreciated. The reviews I watched were not on a Ranger so wondering what the fine folks here have to say about it.
I live in a very rainy area… very rainy. I had a leak early on from the window- they sent me a new gasket and now it works leak free. I was worried about the top vent but so far, no rain has gotten in. Even when I was the truck and hose towards the vent, no water has gotten in. I do get water in from the bulkhead end of the bed and the tailgate end, but that’s due to the terrible design flaws of the bed itself.
Never put it through a carwash though… i think you’d get a lot of water in your truck if you did. Mostly from the bed flaws and probably the top vent.

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
oh man, you live in Volcano, HI… nice!

I’ll be back in Waikoloa Village in March!

How’d you guys fair during that last big storm a few days/week ago?
Nice! Do you regularly come to the Big Island?
The storm knocked down several of my trees, power was out for around 4 days in some parts of Volcano. The rainfall was about normal but the wind is what made it bad- sounded like an airplane taking off in my backyard! It was by far the worse storm I can remember (including the past hurricanes). Places like Hilo didn’t get much more than a normal heavy rain and very little wind. I think Waikoloa fared well.
My truck is in an enclosed garage so the RSI didn’t get to experience that carnage. I was tempted to test it out, but would be horrified if a tree fell on it!
Maybe if you take it through a car wash, test it without anything important in the bed.

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
A few trees but no major damage, sounds like a win.
Yeah we were there last May, it was actually our First time, as we normally go to Maui (married there in 2011.)

such a great place, maybe we can meet up for a coffee or lunch!
Yeah, DM me! I work on that side of the island around that time of year- you might see me around catching nene geese, and smelling like them too!???

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2

I used magnets with caribiners to hook it on to the corners and in the middle…
:question: wasn’t it made from stainless steel??? Is the alloy that poor that magnets could do their job?
anyways, looking forward to get mine straight from RSA … in the next 4 month maybe … man, omicron was faster, indeed:frown:

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
:question: wasn’t it made from stainless steel??? Is the alloy that poor that magnets could do their job?
anyways, looking forward to get mine straight from RSA … in the next 4 month maybe … man, omicron was faster, indeed:frown:
My thoughts about the steel too… but it sticks real good and the shell is solid!

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
Installed it yesterday. Took 2-3 hours couldn’t get third brake light to work with 7 pin harness supplied with the cap. Might have to tap into brake light if I can’t get it to work. Cap is Built very well. I took it trough car wash this morning no leaks at the seam or top vent only water in the bed was at tailgate because of huge gap. Need to install tailgate seal next maybe after bed liner is in.

55D8573D-589A-4BC5-B898-52D428DA7367.jpeg

B593A45E-E3F4-4703-944B-85B5FD5B3935.jpeg

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance

OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2021 Raptor, 2022 F250, 2023 Bronco
We just received multiple containers of Smartcaps! These things have been tough to come by, but more are finally in stock.

Evo Sport (side windows) with 5ft bed - In stock!
Evo Sport (side windows) with 6ft bed - In stock!

Evo Adventure (solid sides that gullwing open with interior molle panels) with 5ft bed - in stock!
Evo Adventure (solid sides that gullwing open with interior molle panels) with 6ft bed - in stock!

We haven't had both versions in both bed lengths in stock in forever. If you're looking for an Smartcap, now is the time to grab one.

Give us a call, shoot us a PM or check us out online.

Phone ---->>>> 888-466-8991

Web ---->>>>
OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

We also put together a comprehensive purchasing guide with FAQ blog about the caps and all related accessories. Check it out here:

Link ---->>>> SMARTCAP PURCHASING GUIDE and FAQ

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
My RSI cap is going to be installed here today, along with my Raptor grill and AlphaRex Luxx lights! Merry Christmas to me!

Pictures to follow.
Please do sir! Looking forward to seeing the cap on that blue beauty-- been eyeing one myself <3

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
Side questions, but do the fender flares in this picture have built in mud flaps? If so, anyone know what brand they are?

1640200333744.png
Sponsored